Contract

Started by John Eadicicco, January 16, 2019, 11:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

Word in the street is Jan24 last meeting Neil proposal....... NO MORE Medical coverage

STOP Covering work.....see how fast he changes his tune

STOP COVERING WORK

PROUD MEMBER

I believe that Neil and the other owners think that those that are covering work will not strike because they are use to the extra money. I also believe that they are mistaken.

yabba

the letter is dated 1-15-2019   how come this was not bought to our attention yesterday...total disgrace... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:y...delegates were on property...

John Eadicicco

Strike is a bad bad word........Especially since the last strike accomplished ZERO.....We went backwards.....If a run does not get covered the vendor gets fined......Stop the madness......No more covering runs.....Would You rather be on strike getting no money? Wise up .......Neil would get fined approximately $15,000.00 per day for not covering work..... How long do you think he would put up with that? Do your own work and collect what you have earned....Its a simple process.......And DONT fall for the line the union will say" We must cover the work!" Yes cover YOUR own route that is all that is REQUIRED of the drivers!!!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

To be fair it was brought to our (at least mine) attention yesterday. I asked Ernie and he told me exactly what is in this letter. With the pick going on I don't think it would have been the right timing to bring this up.

John Eadicicco

Did you discuss it with anyone?

PROUD MEMBER

I've been thinking about it and on second thought John is correct. Why strike when we will not only hurt Neil but hurt ourselves at the same time. Not covering work will only hurt Neil not us. Having said that I have one question and one point to make. Can a driver be FORCED to cover work? If not then obviously it has to come from the Union to stop covering work. It has to be stopped and enforced by all of us otherwise it will not work. Besides let's see what next week's negotiation brings. Also if it's not what we want to hear maybe the Union will direct us to stop the extra work before a possible strike. Hopefully we're jumping the gun.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 16, 2019, 11:26:59 PM
the letter is dated 1-15-2019   how come this was not bought to our attention yesterday...total disgrace... :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:y...delegates were on property...

Come on, yabba. You've going to make an issue out of ONE day? Could have been delayed for any number of reasons. Ernie was on the property to oversee the pick, not to make a major announcement like this which he was probably told not to until the official statement came out. However he might have mentioned it to some people who approached him specifically to ask about the contract.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 17, 2019, 12:20:57 AM
I've been thinking about it and on second thought John is correct. Why strike when we will not only hurt Neil but hurt ourselves at the same time. Not covering work will only hurt Neil not us. Having said that I have one question and one point to make. Can a driver be FORCED to cover work? If not then obviously it has to come from the Union to stop covering work. It has to be stopped and enforced by all of us otherwise it will not work. Besides let's see what next week's negotiation brings. Also if it's not what we want to hear maybe the Union will direct us to stop the extra work before a possible strike. Hopefully we're jumping the gun.

How does not covering work hurt only Neil and not us? People are making a lot of money covering work.

Do you know how much the fine is if a run doesn't go out? A measly $600, I'm told. He gets about $1200 per day per run. (Even if both a.m and p.m don't go out, it's a wash.) So what did he lose? Plus, if drivers don't cover work, he saves the money he would have paid them besides. The way I see it, those drivers are the only ones who get hurt ... again.

Also ... how would the union enforce it? You've seen what happens when they even tried to get guys not to go out until their report times. Imagine if they try taking money out of their pockets?

To me, the only real answer is to get a contract that makes new people WANT to work here again so that we have enough drivers so that there are no runs to be covered ... and most importantly ... we have new people feeding the pension. (And we certainly won't attract many new people without offering medical benefits.)

John Eadicicco

Buzz you are waaaaaaay off base.Neil does NOT get $1200 per diem.......Before the last contract which F@#ked the new hire...NO ONE made xtra money unless they did charters....STOP sticking up for Neil and Cordiello....Have you EVER heard of transparency? Still shilling for the union eh Buzz?
                                          SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 17, 2019, 01:42:56 AM
Buzz you are waaaaaaay off base.Neil does NOT get $1200 per diem.......Before the last contract which F@#ked the new hire...NO ONE made xtra money unless they did charters....STOP sticking up for Neil and Cordiello....Have you EVER heard of transparency? Still shilling for the union eh Buzz?
                                          SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, brother. It must be an election year and you must be on somebody's slate again. If that's the case you should practice making your point without making accusations and being so abrasive about it.

What did I say that could be in ANY WAY interpreted as sticking up for Neil or the union? Are you for real? I made it very clear that we need a contract that sweetens the pot for new hires.

Maybe the reason nobody made extra money before the last contract is because we had enough drivers and there was no work to be covered to speak of ... could that be it?

Do you know what will happen if Pioneer's work doesn't get covered, John? Fines will be the least of it. We will LOSE the work. OPT will TAKE AWAY any runs that are consistently not covered and give them to another company! Who knows where those runs will go? 1181 company? Scab outfit? Is that what you think would be better?

As far as striking for medical coverage all I can say is that probably the only ones who don't think it would be worth it are those who OPT-OUT and don't need the benefits anyway.

John Eadicicco

If Pioneer can't hire drivers to cover runs than they don't deserve the work. Are you happy with the last contract whereas we Pay ourselves for sick days? If you are I have a bridge to sell you!

Just_Right

WHOA!!!!
Wait a minute Mr.OPT OUT..

I for one care deeply about losing the medical. It is extremely important to me and my family and many other drivers and attendants as well. If the work needs to be done from office than do it!

I bet a lot of others agree. If the work is taken away for not getting done and goes to other companies what would happen to the drivers and attendants?. Do the OPT OUTS care or give a shit.??
If we lose medical the only thing they lose is $3,000.00 dollars a year  from Neil. But they STILL have medical and the Big Opt Out guy has his medical from police dept.

So people keep doing the work ,lots of people need their jobs.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 17, 2019, 03:11:34 AM
If Pioneer can't hire drivers to cover runs than they don't deserve the work. Are you happy with the last contract whereas we Pay ourselves for sick days? If you are I have a bridge to sell you!

Which bridge?   :rotfl:

rc1790

This is exactly what the owners want. Drivers divided and not united. We should have a drivers meeting at an off property location and get everyone on the same page.