Retirees Welcome ... apparently

Started by Buzz, September 29, 2019, 09:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 30, 2019, 10:55:15 PM
Now that we have the answers with regards to the retirees and owners paying into the pension how will it be determined what they get when they retire AGAIN.

Do they have to work at least 5 years to be vested again?

If someone retired after 10 years and then works another 5 years does he/she now get a 15 year pension or a 10 year and a 5 year pension?

What if they come back and only work one year?

Bottom line Retirees be allowed to come back just raises to many questions and does not help our future.

As it was explained to me, if they work at least a year they will get credit towards their pension for that year and each additional one. So in your example, yes, a 10 year retiree who works for 5 years would get a 15 year rate. (And he would be contributing for those 5 years.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on September 30, 2019, 10:47:43 PM
It's blatantly obvious now that the union is concerned about the future pension and welfare promise. This issue is an ongoing drawback from the previous contract where the senior people were very shortsighted and thought it was OK to sell out the unborn causing a drastic reduction in hiring and retaining new drivers. Hiring new drivers for the long haul financially benefits the union as well as the owners. As far as covering work, I know Buzz and Proud have always thought that we should do it or we will lose the runs. We may, but the drivers covering those runs are not contributing double the amount to the various funds. Everyone would be eager to make extra $$$, but in the long run it is sabotaging our future.

No senior driver that I've talked to thinks that this contract or the previous one was good for new hires. But neither were many willing to go on strike over it and, after the last fiasco of a strike, who could blame them (us)? I can understand, however, if you see it as a "sellout."

I understand what you're saying about covering work, and you're right, the drivers doing the work are not contributing extra. But look at it this way: If we lost the runs nothing would be contributed either. The only real answer is to make the contract attractive enough for new hires that people actually want the job ... as opposed to the union helping companies cover work by allowing retirees back.

(I don't think that's going to draw many ... if any ... back in anyway.)

LMAO

You guys forget about are trusted members pulling runs for their buddy's at pick time ! This is going to be fun ! Unity LMAO

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on October 01, 2019, 02:30:08 AM
You guys forget about are trusted members pulling runs for their buddy's at pick time ! This is going to be fun ! Unity LMAO

:rotfl:    :rotfl:    :rotfl:    :rotfl:

PROUD MEMBER

Also let's say a Retiree does reapply ... TODAY
I'd assume he/she depending on when they retired would have to do one or more of the following

1. Get Certified by the BOE
2. Get a Medical
3. Take a Refresher Course
4. Possibly even get their CDL license again if they let it go

It's not like they could just start TOMORROW

faceit

Quote from: Buzz on October 01, 2019, 12:54:56 PM
Quote from: LMAO on October 01, 2019, 02:30:08 AM

<iframe src=\"https://giphy.com/embed/tI6SMa9IRIwK0b2Wud\" width=\"480\" height=\"480\" frameBorder=\"0\" class=\"giphy-embed\" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href=\"https://giphy.com/gifs/teamcoco-conan-obrien-andy-cohen-tI6SMa9IRIwK0b2Wud\">via GIPHY</a></p>
Why not they do it for the summer pick

:rotfl:    :rotfl:    :rotfl:    :rotfl:
All lives matter

John Eadicicco

1181 Has been setting the companies up for failure since Sal Battaglia left office...............BACK ROOM Deals people........Members have lost a LOT but gained NOTHING since 2006..............contractors used to contribute double 200% of employee contributions into pension fund! Now it's LESS! They took away Easter check for 6 years then Gave it Back? Look How Many people fired for petty Bullshit....With NO BACKING from 1181! Tens of drivers fired for 1 accident............IT'S AN ACCIDENT, NOT DONE ON PURPOSE!.............25 NO TRIP RUNS pulled 6 years ago right before pick that I witnessed changed to trip runs to take care of ass kissers!!!!I retired BEFORE I WANTED............BUT I CAN SEE THAT THIS PATH Mike Cordiello is leading the Rank and File down is a TOTAL DISASTER. After the 2013 strike of which I was a strike captain, at a luncheon thrown by 1181 to thank strike captains............I asked Mike Cordiello if in future contracts would we improve pay and benefits for new hires? He said to me " I don't give a shit about the unborn".  I KNEW we were screwed for the future! Look where we are now!

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
Check ur source on the pension payout
Since there is a break in service as it was explained to me the retirees would receive two separate pensions. His/her second pension would start just like any other new hire and would not be added on to the existing pension. The amounts are the same in some cases and a little different in others. Plus the age group makes a difference especially if ur not 65 when you retire for the second time.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on October 01, 2019, 09:26:42 PM
1181 Has been setting the companies up for failure since Sal Battaglia left office.........

Funny you should say that John since you were one of the ones that knocked him constantly and worked so fervently to have him removed.

And all you did was blast me for defending him.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on October 02, 2019, 01:46:46 AM
Buzz
Check ur source on the pension payout
Since there is a break in service as it was explained to me the retirees would receive two separate pensions. His/her second pension would start just like any other new hire and would not be added on to the existing pension. The amounts are the same in some cases and a little different in others. Plus the age group makes a difference especially if ur not 65 when you retire for the second time.

LOL ... my source is the same as yours but 2 separate pensions was not the way it was explained at the time. So, as it stands now, the second pension would not be added on to the driver's first pension but would be separate and additional ... not consecutive. (As you said.)

yabba

Sal.... now thats when this local was united and respected ...a man who truely was for the last man to the top man... stevie wonder can see whats going on and see that we have headed in the wrong direction.. .... sal held a union meeting,just a general meeting and it was standing room only...a strike vote or election meeting it was full house inside and crowds in the street   ...now your lucky a union meeting has 50 members now...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on October 02, 2019, 03:07:49 PM
Sal.... now thats when this local was united and respected ...

Very true. But at the same time, we don't have behind us now who Sal did then. and we can thank the dime-droppers who wanted to "clean up" the union.

PROUD MEMBER

And we had a little thing called the EPP

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on October 02, 2019, 07:07:14 PM
Quote from: yabba on October 02, 2019, 03:07:49 PM
Sal.... now thats when this local was united and respected ...

Very true. But at the same time, we don't have behind us now who Sal did then. and we can thank the dime-droppers who wanted to "clean up" the union.

they cleaned it up alright... i hope they are all happy

John Eadicicco

Barry grow a pair will you....Your just a puppet for whoever runs 1181...why doesn't anyone want this job anymore... worst contact in the history of transportation... Followed by the2nd and 3rd worst courtesy of Michael Cordiello.... GIVING contractors WHATEVER they ask for!!!! WAKE Up!