City Buys Reliant!

Started by Buzz, October 14, 2020, 01:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I'd assume Reliant has at least 1500 1181 drivers & matrons. When the City takes over are they still 1181 members? I sure hope so!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on October 14, 2020, 02:08:29 AM
I'd assume Reliant has at least 1500 1181 drivers & matrons. When the City takes over are they still 1181 members? I sure hope so!!!

Remains to be seen. They're trying.

(Being the city's absorbing $150 million in 1181 pension liability, I'd say there's a good chance, but that's just my guess.)

WigWag16

Nothing to see here just your good old standard collusion....

driver

Isnt Reliants drivers under 1181??? What are they offering them? What's gonna be next? I wonder if Bloomberg is involved with this scam?

Buzz

Quote from: driver on October 14, 2020, 11:47:37 PM
Isnt Reliants drivers under 1181??? What are they offering them? What's gonna be next? I wonder if Bloomberg is involved with this scam?

Yes, they are 1181 and apparently will stay that way.  Voting to ratify a new contract with the union next week.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on October 15, 2020, 11:41:22 AM
Quote from: driver on October 14, 2020, 11:47:37 PM

Yes, they are 1181 and apparently will stay that way.  Voting to ratify a new contract with the union next week.

will they finally be under the same contract we are.. ???????

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on October 15, 2020, 03:54:49 PMwill they finally be under the same contract we are.. ???????

Not sure ... even within the company there are 2 different contracts. Not sure if they'll all be under one now or if it will be the same as ours.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on October 15, 2020, 04:50:40 PM
Quote from: yabba on October 15, 2020, 03:54:49 PMwill they finally be under the same contract we are.. ???????

Not sure ... even within the company there are 2 different contracts. Not sure if they'll all be under one now or if it will be the same as ours.

hopefully they will be on the same page as the legacy companies...

yabba

do the inspectors write bullsit violations to the city now,or just go after the private companies

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on October 17, 2020, 02:12:07 PM
do the inspectors write bullsit violations to the city now,or just go after the private companies

WOW! What a great question!

Hammer2161

Well the answer to wether they will right the summons is YES. Not sure if they will collect on it but they will most certainly write it. Each individual city agency has their own set of guidelines and quotas and because of that very reason " quotas " they will at least write the violation. The people that write the violations could care less if the money is collected. By writing the violation they are showing job productivity and therefore covering their own asses.