Back Lot of Curves is CLOSING.

Started by Buzz, December 08, 2018, 02:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Bad news for a lot of people who park at Curves. The back lot has been rented and no one will be able to park there as of January. Everybody is to turn in their permits by Christmas break.

About 30 to 34 cars will still be able to park on the pavement in front and on the side. Those spaces will be awarded starting with people who have been there 10 years or more and new permits will be issued. Everybody else will be out of a spot.

Note: TRUCKS WILL NOT BE GIVEN SPOTS. They just take up too much room, as per Carlo.

Carlos apologizes, but it's not his doing. New owner rented out the back lot.

There is, hopefully, some good news. The lot at the junkyard is supposed to open in January. As soon as I hear how you can secure a spot there I'll let you know. Nobody from Pioneer is going to be collecting. The owner is going to have his own people do it.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

After January how will Carlo know who has been parking there 10 years or longer. Obviously & unfortunately at the end January there will be people either lying or paying for spots in the front.

Buzz

There is no point in getting in early and jamming the front parking lot. That's NOT how it's going to work. There are people who always parked in the back but are there 10 years or more who will be given new permits for the front. Conversely, just parking there now isn't going to get anybody a permit. Carlo has records so lying isn't going to work either and you can't "buy" one. There will probably be spots left over so he will assign permits in reverse chronological order.

Reminder: According to Carlo, NO TRUCKS WILL BE GIVEN NEW PERMITS.

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Buzz
And I heard we got a new contract with retro!

Gary 209

Hello Everyone, first I want to say that Carlo is sorry that he had to inform everybody of the situation of losing the back lot. He had nothing to do with that. The owner of the property decided to lease it to someone else. Not even to the yard across the street, who wanted it. The new owner (leaser), wanted us out by Jan.1,2019, when he takes over.

I have been trying to find a location for parking since the storage yard (junk yard) was sold. I went to EVERY available place and even contacted our local polications. Bottom line, they wanted too much money to lease. I didn't think anyone was willing to pay $ 60. - $100. a month to park. They spoke to me as per footage. I was only concerned with how many cars I can fit. If anyone is interested the yard across from Lowes with the green curtain (junk yard my old lot) wants $2,500 a month to park 35 - 40 cars. Thats over $60. a month per car plus snow removal expenses etc. Your welcome to contact him. I been in negiations with him since he bought the place. He was suppose t be ready for Sept., then he told me Dec., I meet with him again last tues (about the 6th time) and he will be ready for Jan. We were unable to agree on a price, so he will have his own worker collect for parking.

Golfnut

Good Job Guys ! Thank you for your Diligence ! Not being able to park starts your day off on the wrong foot . So Thanks again !

Gary 209

cont.
  Now for Curves back lot update.

Carlo does not want any "stress" or deal with our problem to park our cars,he will close the front yard if he does and there will be No parking at all!

He called me saturday morning at 8:00 am and we spoke 2 more times on saturday. This is what he dicided for some drivers to park in the front, and Asked me to do. He does Not want to be involved.

1) No trucks

2) Drivers that been parking with him for over 10 years to get a spot first, then 8-10 years and so on.

3) No freebies

He has a list of drivers with 10 years plus and also people with less that has been parking with him. He knows alot of us by face only. So his list is not complete. He told me some people on that list. I am going to complete the rest of the list for him. Saturday afternoon he called me again and said we all can park till Feburary 1st.. That was nice for him to contact the new owner for us! Carlo wrote down the permits in the front last week before he mention anything. He knows there are people in the front with less then 10+ yrs. and drivers with 10+ yrs. in the back. For everybody to try to park in the front NOW is meaning less. Your only blocking fellow drivers in. We will sort this out which he feels is the only fair way before Feburary. I started a list please put your name tel # and bus # and how many years parking in lot. The remaining people that do not get a spot I will pass that list to the Junk Yard owner so you will be the first ones there and get a spot there.

Carlo will not be there, he is only checking the property and leaving.
Thanks, anything new I will advise.

Gary

Buzz

Something tells me Sharrotts runs are going to go fast next pick.

Golfnut

But isn't the Junkyard opening at pretty much the same time ? So people who really like heir runs will just park there .

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on December 11, 2018, 04:14:50 PM
But isn't the Junkyard opening at pretty much the same time ? So people who really like heir runs will just park there .

Worried?  ;D

Carlos eveillard

I dont understang u guys man instead of talking about contract yall talking about parking lot really

Buzz

Quote from: Carlos eveillard on December 12, 2018, 03:27:50 AM
I dont understang u guys man instead of talking about contract yall talking about parking lot really

Well, so far, there's NOTHING happening with the contract but there IS something happening with the parking lot. I'm sure if and when we ever get a contract, there will be plenty to talk about.

PROUD MEMBER

"If" and when
That's not encouraging

Buzz

FYI: Supposedly a van shuttle service for drivers is going to start on Monday and will run between 5 and 6 a.m., picking up drivers after they park wherever.

Remember, the van driver does not get paid and relies solely on tips.

(I encouraged Andy just the other day to try to find somebody who would be willing to do this.)

Golfnut

Pretty sure anyone with more time than me doesn't want to be dropping off their lost stop at Mc!lean ave at 3:35 . So no I'm not worried ! If it was a better run then yes I would be .

Carlos eveillard

Any good News on the hearing about the contract?

yabba

Carlos eveillard

I wanna know what happened to the contract Talk today