Extra $600 delayed this week

Started by WigWag16, July 20, 2020, 04:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Quote from: Hammer2161 on July 21, 2020, 07:18:39 PM
There is a 13 week extension attached to the cares act and then a 20 week extension the NY State just past last week. From what I have read a claim is now 59 weeks long.

Where did you read this?
The last thing I read is that as of now (unless there's a new stimulus package) the extra $600 runs out July 26th and as far as our regular NYS unemployment it's been extended for 13 weeks for a total of 39 weeks. I've been looking and I don't see anything about an extra 20 weeks on top of that.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 22, 2020, 12:48:18 AM
Where did you read this? .... I've been looking and I don't see anything about an extra 20 weeks on top of that.

He's right ...
https://labor.ny.gov/ui/pdfs/extended-benefits-faq.pdf

(That's just for regular state unemployment ... so far.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

WigWag16

Not sure if i heard Trump right just now but someone asked a question about the 600 dollars and he said we are lookin to do it again but only 70 percent of the total so people can go back to work if they are making more

Hammer2161

Thanks Buzz for providing the link. I should have posted that along with my last post.

hideout

Are we all at Pioneer under the PUA program, extra $600, and what program will we be put in after that extra payment ends?

WigWag16

Quote from: hideout on July 22, 2020, 02:49:34 AM
     Are we all at Pioneer under the PUA program, extra $600, and what program will we be put in after that extra payment ends?

Trump said during the press conference today they are looking to extend the 600 dollar program but only 70 percent of that 600 dollar total

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously that's good if it's extended no matter what the amount. Though I for one would take going back to work (using my common sense as far as safety precautions for myself and all on the bus) as opposed to unemployment even if it stayed at $1104 (600+504) a week. It appears that the possibility of losing thousands of jobs if there is no Gen Ed is not even a concern as opposed to collecting unemployment. With Gen Ed or without (especially without) if we don't get back to work we might as well start kissing the amount of our pensions away. I'm also at the point where I can use my accrual pay and I'm sure guys can use their Opt-out checks.
The following is strictly my opinion.
Whenever we return to work it will be hard enough to collect those monies. God forbid Gen. Ed is done away with and those of us that lose our jobs, we will never see those monies. At least in our lifetimes!

Hammer2161

Well first off if somehow they approve 70 percent of the 600 we are getting now that would amount to 420 minus taxes if you allow them to take them out. So if we try to figure it out we may see about 800 dollars a week. And that's a big if right now but hey you never know.
Having said that I personally would much rather return to work and get paid for doing my job. I know this is a touchy conversation with a lot of people but I want and need to work.

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 22, 2020, 10:59:00 AM
Obviously that's good if it's extended no matter what the amount. Though I for one would take going back to work (using my common sense as far as safety precautions for myself and all on the bus) as opposed to unemployment even if it stayed at $1104 (600+504) a week. It appears that the possibility of losing thousands of jobs if there is no Gen Ed is not even a concern as opposed to collecting unemployment. With Gen Ed or without (especially without) if we don't get back to work we might as well start kissing the amount of our pensions away. I'm also at the point where I can use my accrual pay and I'm sure guys can use their Opt-out checks.
The following is strictly my opinion.
Whenever we return to work it will be hard enough to collect those monies. God forbid Gen. Ed is done away with and those of us that lose our jobs, we will never see those monies. At least in our lifetimes!

If we get the extension that would be great to hold us over till we go back to work and I WANT TO GO BACK ASAP!!! I'm bored and miss the job. I believe catholic and Jewish schools will go back no matter what the DOE does because parents don't want to be paying all that tuition only to be teaching their kids at home. Let us back and let us use common sense with whatever protocol they give us.

PROUD MEMBER

I'd assume that no matter what private schools do if the board of Ed is not open there will be no bussing for the private schools.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 22, 2020, 03:54:10 PM
I'd assume that no matter what private schools do if the board of Ed is not open there will be no bussing for the private schools.

What about Christmas week ... DOE closed but Jewish and Muslim schools get buses.

PROUD MEMBER

Yes Buzz but Christmas week Neil and all the other contractors were getting paid from the BOE. Right now they're not getting paid and if public schools don't open they still won't be getting paid.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 23, 2020, 02:46:53 AM
Yes Buzz but Christmas week Neil and all the other contractors were getting paid from the BOE. Right now they're not getting paid and if public schools don't open they still won't be getting paid.

True, true.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on July 22, 2020, 01:50:05 PM
Well first off if somehow they approve 70 percent of the 600 we are getting now that would amount to 420 minus taxes if you allow them to take them out.

Actually, I was thinking 70% of what the state pays. Even 70% of the $600 is more than some states pay.