Are you getting Pioneer emails?

Started by Buzz, October 08, 2020, 05:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

If you're not getting Pioneer emails please notify Kathy and make sure they have your current email address. The last email sent was yesterday, 10/8, regarding Opt-Out. If you didn't get it write kduffy@pioneerbus.com.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

I got the email about the opt out, but I sure didn't get any emails or notifications about the two positive cases at Pioneer. There seems to be a failure to communicate!

Hammer2161

Has anyone confirmed the second case ? Tired of just hearing the little birdies chirping we need to be better informed. Sorry but 1181 needs to act on this.

OMG

Pretty much confirmed from a few sources. Nobody honestly confirmed #1, but we know and it's out there

Buzz

I really do not understand why the company is reluctant to at least notify us ... if not do contact tracing. Besides hurting us, it's going to come back to bite them in the ass in another week or two if all of a sudden a bunch of people out sick.

If people knew they should get tested it will help prevent them from passing it on if they're aware they have to quarantine for 2 weeks. Ignoring it doesn't work in anybody's best interest.

OMG

I believe some people are gonna start dialing 311, and actually going over and around our delegates because of the answers they're getting. Now they're purposely putting peoples lives at risk

Hammer2161

They have to know that there is no benefit to ignoring it. If it's true that the second person tested positive he interacts with people all day long. They are willingly putting many people at an unnecessary risk. I for one can not explain or except the ignorance of both 1181 and Pioneer on these matters.

WigWag16

I've heard rumblings but from no body higher up than us. I get the whole hippa law thing but they still have to let us know

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on October 09, 2020, 03:06:54 PM
I've heard rumblings but from no body higher up than us. I get the whole hippa law thing but they still have to let us know

HIPPA applies only to doctors, hospitals and other entities in the health care field. There is nothing that prevents employers in any other industry from disclosing employees who test positive for COVID  ... and I think it's irresponsible not to do so.

WigWag16

I agree but isn't that the "reason" they gave us last time

sbdriver1

They don't have to mention names but they should tell us when people test positive. I guess they're afraid there will be people will afraid to come to work

Pretty useless info without names. How would someone know if they came in contact with that person?

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on October 09, 2020, 04:39:21 PM
They don't have to mention names but they should tell us when people test positive. I guess they're afraid there will be people will afraid to come to work

Pretty useless info without names. How would someone know if they came in contact with that person?

WigWag16

Well here we are almost 12pm no notice sooooooo looks like it's the same s last time

yabba

wash your hands,mask up and dont touch your face... sadly we can only count on ourselves....

Hammer2161

You know it's not enough anymore for us to just say wash your hands don't touch your face and all that shit. Contact tracing was put in place for all of our benefits. If we are unable to trust our employer and our union to abide by the few protocols that are in place then unfortunately the worst is yet to come. We should not be making excuses for their lack of transparency they need to follow the rules set forth just like the rest of us.

If we continue to allow things to go the way they are now eventually we are going to be saying it's to late. I hope that reality never reaches any of us !!!!