Uhh boy ... Here We Go Again

Started by Buzz, December 09, 2020, 05:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

They should set a school rate and a city rate separate.....

City should be 9
School should be 3

PROUD MEMBER

I heard that if any individual public school reaches a 2% positivity rate that school will have to close. For how long I do t know.

TheKid24

Hey is it true if you work three days the company pays you for the week? Something I heard a few drivers say today so just asking or is that another seniority thing lol

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 09, 2020, 05:29:06 PM
Current state guidelines say that if the positivity rate hits 9%, schools have to close. dB might contest it.

https://www.silive.com/education/2020/12/nyc-schools-could-close-under-state-rules-report-says.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=statenislandadvance_sf&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1mNbPL6siz2nKuDr-TCgvLA6jOy5gYJhQdNW6Tu5035XPI4oFeCFVeR_M

hopefully after the holidays the infection rate will level off or hopefully the governor will ake the schools out of the equation..

PROUD MEMBER

It's not a seniority thing, it's a contract thing. And apparently now a days since COVID-19 for some unknown reason it might not even be a contract thing!!!

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 09, 2020, 11:43:14 PM
It's not a seniority thing, it's a contract thing. And apparently now a days since COVID-19 for some unknown reason it might not even be a contract thing!!!

So there could be a chance I get paid for Monday and Tuesday due to it being a covid thing

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 09, 2020, 11:25:31 PM
Hey is it true if you work three days the company pays you for the week? Something I heard a few drivers say today so just asking or is that another seniority thing lol

I was waiting for that question to come up.

I doubt you .... and those hired from 2013 on ... will get it. No guaranteed weeks. Generally, you get paid only for the days you work. (Then again, you didn't have to be paid for the day after Thanksgiving, so there's always hope.)

For legacy drivers, we're supposed to get a full week's pay. But will we?

Last I heard (yesterday) it's still being debated.

PROUD MEMBER

No you read it the wrong way. I might according to the contract senior members are supposed to get paid for the entire week even if they only work 3 or 4 days but since COVID-19 there's a possibility that they only get paid for the days they actually work.

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 10, 2020, 12:17:58 AMSo there could be a chance I get paid for Monday and Tuesday due to it being a covid thing

Sorry to tell you, that chance is thinner than a cunt hair. Whether legacy drivers will be paid for the week is still up in the air.

However, if you make less than $504 for the week you can claim unemployment. You have to say you worked 3 days and will get 1/4 of your benefit amount.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 10, 2020, 01:28:52 AM
... senior members are supposed to get paid for the entire week even if they only work 3 or 4 days...

Actually, even if we work only one day. But as you hinted at in your other post, is our contract still relevant?

yabba

There is always SHopRite.  Free parking ,no $1.00 shuttle and a hazard pay bonus with retro.     ;D ;D ;D.    But seriously I'm glad everyone is back to work including the matrons.  Let's get the next 10 days in and enjoy the holidays and pray for a better 2021

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 09, 2020, 08:08:39 PM
I heard that if any individual public school reaches a 2% positivity rate that school will have to close. For how long I do t know.

So you mean they're not going by the previous guidelines ... 2 kids in 2 different classes closes the school?

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 10, 2020, 01:38:47 AM
There is always SHopRite.  Free parking ,no $1.00 shuttle and a hazard pay bonus with retro.     ;D ;D ;D

I keep telling you ... Amazon pays better!   ;D ;D ;D

yabba

How do you even get into that place...  they do employ a lot of people.  I never seen so much car traffic on that service road along side the west shore

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 10, 2020, 01:44:07 AM
How do you even get into that place...  they do employ a lot of people.  I never seen so much car traffic on that service road along side the west shore

Never been there, but they're always hiring.

Buzz

All I can say is, residuals come in handy. My beer commercial is still airing in some places. See if you can spot me.  ;D ;D ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jqZTJk30qg

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 10, 2020, 01:33:37 AM
Quote from: TheKid24 on December 10, 2020, 12:17:58 AMSo there could be a chance I get paid for Monday and Tuesday due to it being a covid thing

Sorry to tell you, that chance is thinner than a cunt hair. Whether legacy drivers will be paid for the week is still up in the air.

However, if you make less than $504 for the week you can claim unemployment. You have to say you worked 3 days and will get 1/4 of your benefit amount.

Haha great description.....wasn't holding my breathe, was just asking incase it were true. Yeah I make more than 504 based on 3 days so...it's ok it's just one week

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 10, 2020, 01:45:59 AM
Quote from: yabba on December 10, 2020, 01:44:07 AM

Never been there, but they're always hiring.

I used to work for Amazon before I came to Pionneer....you don't want any part of that slave labor lol....

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

Hammer2161

That's old school nowadays their all  :wink1: :wink1: bald like me lol

yabba

hardwood floors   even a little landing strip is gone

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 10, 2020, 06:32:33 PM
That's old school nowadays their all  :wink1: :wink1: bald like me lol

Just gets stuck in your teeth anyway.  :wink_cheesy:

TheKid24

If your PM school closed and you only have an AM, you get paid the full day?

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 11, 2020, 02:38:52 AM
If your PM school closed and you only have an AM, you get paid the full day?

Yes.

TheKid24