Windows askew = violation

Started by Buzz, January 11, 2012, 03:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Well, just when you think OPT has banged us out for everything imaginable, they've come up with something new to ding us for. If you have windows that don't close properly ... don't go or stay ALL the way up on BOTH sides ... that's now a violation. And it's a per window multiple violation of about $200 each!

As with any other defect, cover your ass, write it up. If it's not corrected make a note of it on your trip card every couple of weeks that the problem has still not been corrected. This is what Ernie needs you to do to keep YOU from having to pay for ridiculous violations like this. Forewarned is forearmed.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

The Inspection Checklist has been updated to include this "defect."

Air_Brakes

So we are all aware, do we know which inspector wrote up this violation?  Second off many spare buses have this problem.  Don't settle with the shop just pushing the window up because one bump the window falls down crooked and its your violation to explain.... or pay.....documentation is the key. :thumbdown:

Grrr

Sounds like the Union's "3 Point Plan" to combat absurd violations is not going well.

Buzz