school bus bill

Started by bug, March 30, 2012, 03:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I still will be very surprised if service is restored to grades 7 & 8. The "like circumstances" bullshit was just a convenient justification for the city throwing them off. I don't think this will change anything, but who knows. (And, truth be told, who among us really misses them?)

A few weeks ago on an MTA bus filled with kids from IS 34, a couple of kids were breaking the driver's balls. He gave them a few warnings, they didn't stop ... not being able to determine exactly who the troublemakers were, he threw the whole busload off the bus. A luxury we do not enjoy. They do not appreciate free metro passes any more than they appreciated yellow bus service.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Goose623

Councilman Ignizio is saying service will be back in Sept. for 7th and *8th graders. I have to see it before I believe it.

terminator

According to the advance ...just got approved!!! 7 & 8th graders back on bus!

Buzz

Wow! Surprises the hell out of me! If it results in more than half the runs that were cut being reinstated I will be equally surprised. But if some junior highs change their dismissal times as well as putting the 7th and 8th graders back on, we'll be looking at a substantial number of new runs.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

I heard this morning from my cousin's laundry guy who said he heard it from his girlfriend's mama who over heard it in a  phone conversation by an OPT Inspector in a diner in Brooklyn that it's not going to happen.