Snow days?

Started by Buzz, May 13, 2012, 09:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

According to an article in the post Frioday, some principals are asking for June 25 & 26 to be teacher training days, being there were no snow days. The last day is Wed., the 27th. Being it's not one of the 40 guaranteed, I'm guessing we'd only get paid for the Wednesday if this were to be. In that case, we'd be eligible for partial unemployment.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/school_snow_days_in_june_dMh5ZtFSvanpIS7tKxjt6L
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Apparently this is going to be a school-by-school thing and they've started getting approvals. Found out my elementary school (PS 50) will be have no kids in attendance the 25th and 26th.

Buzz

Update: The union is now saying we have to get paid for Monday and Tuesday whether or not we are working. The company does not agree. We'll have to see how this turns out.

Also, there still is no OFFICIAL list of the schools that will actually be closed (to children). Because a school told you they will be closed does not mean they received approval from OPT. Go by what the office tells you, NOT the school!

Buzz

Took a picture of the list of open/closed schools that was in the window, but it didn't come out very clear ... sorry. I'll try to remember to get a photocopy tomorrow to post.

Buzz

Upon request, here is the notice posted in the window as of this morning. PS 56 was changed to being closed the 26th only. I will post any further changes of which I am made aware, but be advised: The notice in the office window is the only official source of this information.