FUTURE WAGE REDUCTIONS

Started by Eucerin, June 01, 2012, 04:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

The note I received in my pay check envelope, entitled "FUTURE WAGE REDUCTIONS" ...who is the author of this statement?? 

Stugots

Seems there are alot of bus companies whose owners handed them out. 

Buzz

I believe it was a collaborative effort on the part of the contractors of "Le Coalition."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

John Eadicicco

I KNOW I am barking up a tree with this proposal for our next contract..............................But here goes.
As of now we pay $14.00 weekly as a deduction into a medical probably 75% of members will never use, for medical coverage that will cover you until the age of 65. DROP it! There is NO GUARANTEE that this deduction will remain cost effective. It could easily double in the next contract. We ask for a 5 year contract with these stipulations...............

1. 1% pay wage increase 1st  3 (three years)
Year 4- 2%...
Year 5- 3%.
That's 8% over the life of the contract! In return for a small wage increase $5.00 per Day per/member into an annuity fund.     Approx. $940.00 per/yr.
Year 4 Annuity increases to $6.00/day
Year 5 Annuity increases to $7.00/day

2. We pay into our own medical. 1.5% same as union dues. For which we would carry our medical into retirement or to age 65 when we are eligible for medicare. Currently the $14.00 weekly deduction that we now pay is almost 1.5% of our gross!

3. Extend Mollen Agreement (EPP) This is a MUST[/

4. DO NOT Shortchange the future members of this union as they are they LIFEBLOOD of any union as they will FUND our pension for future years!

Buzz

Hey, it's your wish list. You're entitled to include in it whatever you want. Basically, I like it ... though I don't think in reality we'd ever see a 5-year contract or the annuity, but it would be nice.

Nobody likes paying the $14 a week, but remember, it's not just for coverage until MediCare age. A portion of that pays for X-Rays for those who can't take the standard TB test ... which, outside of Pioneer, is a significant number of people union-wide.

Some of it pays for increased amounts of some medical/dental/eyeglass benefits ... which effects virtually 100% of us.

Also, this pays for $50/mo. toward MediCare Part D, which does/will benefit all of us.

Not so sure we should hurry to throw that baby out with the bath water ... just my opinion.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

I think Johns ideas do make sense. Is it a wish list...me,myself,,,,,,,I dont know anymore. Things are soo out of hand,they really have alot of people scared and running for cover. I still dont get how the city can misspend money,charge people insane amounts in taxes to live here and short change vital things in areas that people pay for. The City has no problem with entitlements and cosmetic issues(bike lanes,sign changes,tanks for aquariums) and yet the roads are still a mess with potholes and construction forever. Shame this isnt how its supposed to be.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

mirrorcheck

I will be honest as usual there is alot of information circulating that is rumor and inneundo and thats only adding to Dantes Inferno.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

terminator

John did make some valid points but we all know these contract issues are never simple!