school busing

Started by steady, August 06, 2020, 12:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

This is the same bullshit article that was the other day.  Again using a metrocard to catch covid in a city bus makes no sense! Idiots

steady

Not sure you read the article entirely.  It states the reason for alternate transportation. I'm reading that there won't be enough room on school buses due to 25% capacity.  This shows strong job security.  They need every bus operating.  It also states that no student is permitted to enter a bus without face covering.  If they don't have a face covering one will be provided. This I feel will be a big problem.  They will want on a new one every day.  Can only imagine what will happen at stops like 55 Holland Ave or RJJ kids.  It'll be messy

WigWag

Hammer2161

I agree with Steady on this one. The way I am reading that article it doesn't appear that they are looking to cut buses. It seems more apparent that even if all the buses are on the road with the social distancing protocols that are in place there will not be enough room for all the children. It could be and I stress could be we are in a better position than we think. The only problem is that Cuomo has not ruled yet and hopefully he doesn't follow the same path as Chicago and not open.

Buzz

I've mentioned before that I believe special ed runs will at least double. OPT will most likely allow buses with one door to be used for special ed. It is not a state requirement that special ed have 2 doors and I'm sure contractors aren't going to rush out and buy thousands of new vehicles.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Straight Vans only have one door

wheresmymoney!

They should just say the need fir busses will be greater due to social distancing so they will need more busses.  Its all so dramatic just say it already!

OMG

I tell ya, all I've been reading on this website is a lot of back-and-forth, and people posting articles that they've read in a newspaper or website. I think that's a shame! The silence is most damaging, I think it's a shame that since March 13 we haven't gotten anything official from Pioneer or our union. Not even a letter from Pioneer telling us to please stay put and stay patient we're gonna need you when we go back to work. Even a little something to put us at rest.Send us a reassuring email of any sort, because I'm sure I'm like the rest of you, extremely stressed out and unsure about our future. Somebody say something, we are knee-deep in August and not a word.

WigWag16

Quote from: OMG on August 06, 2020, 09:36:53 PM
I tell ya, all I've been reading on this website is a lot of back-and-forth, and people posting articles that they've read in a newspaper or website. I think that's a shame! The silence is most damaging, I think it's a shame that since March 13 we haven't gotten anything official from Pioneer or our union. Not even a letter from Pioneer telling us to please stay put and stay patient we're gonna need you when we go back to work. Even a little something to put us at rest.Send us a reassuring email of any sort, because I'm sure I'm like the rest of you, extremely stressed out and unsure about our future. Somebody say something, we are knee-deep in August and not a word.

I think once Cuomo makes his decision tomorrow you'll see a domino affect and we will be flooded with emails and calls of what to do and what is going to be expected

Hammer2161

In the best of times communication between Pioneer 1181 and ourselves was never very good what would make anyone one of us expect better in the WORST of times. The only way we will get any communication is if Cuomo says yes to opening the schools otherwise we will be kept at bay just as always. I guess we should know something within 24 hours. Hoping someone has heard our concerns and has some good news for us.

yabba

the governor said today he will make his ruling on schools by each region...my guess is  i see him keeping NYC closed ...tomorrow will tell...

PROUD MEMBER

Regardless if the governor says New York City schools will be opening on September 10 or not opening I seriously doubt that you are going to hear anything about general education busing for at least another two weeks.

faceit

I lost all respect for our union...
All lives matter