back pay

Started by gigi11744, January 06, 2014, 10:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 07, 2014, 05:31:37 PM
we will get them before the january 26th,stamps going up 3 cents... :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

LOL ... probably be postmarked 11:59 p.m. Jan. 25, 2014.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Manwithabus

Buzz, thank you for all your help with this issue.  Most of us  wait to hear from you after you talk to Ernie and Andy to see what's going on.  So, thank you.....to the three of you. 

Buzz

Quote from: Manwithabus on January 07, 2014, 06:16:29 PM
Buzz, thank you for all your help with this issue.  Most of us  wait to hear from you after you talk to Ernie and Andy to see what's going on.  So, thank you.....to the three of you.

You're welcome.   :wave:

(The 4 of us ... you left out Eddie ... LOL)

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Buzz
But it sounds like BS to me for two reasons. Why would the NLRB want the checks sent to them instead of just giving them to the employees?????? Also if it is true, why is it that one of us has to call a Union Rep to find this out? One would think that finally with some good news and as much as members need the money that our Union Reps would have told us immediately on there own. So if this is true Buzz please keep us advised as to when Ernie PHYSICALLY gets the checks. Oh, one more question. Again if this is true doesn't it seem strange to anyone that Neil would give the checks to a member of Local 1181 to deliver to the NLRB instead of one of his office staff (possibly Owen) or a courier service???

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 07, 2014, 07:42:25 PM
Thanks Buzz
But it sounds like BS to me for two reasons. Why would the NLRB want the checks sent to them instead of just giving them to the employees?????? Also if it is true, why is it that one of us has to call a Union Rep to find this out? One would think that finally with some good news and as much as members need the money that our Union Reps would have told us immediately on there own. So if this is true Buzz please keep us advised as to when Ernie PHYSICALLY gets the checks. Oh, one more question. Again if this is true doesn't it seem strange to anyone that Neil would give the checks to a member of Local 1181 to deliver to the NLRB instead of one of his office staff (possibly Owen) or a courier service???

Look, I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything. I'm telling you WHAT IS, AS I KNOW IT. You can believe what you want. All I can tell you is that Eddie read me the letter from the NLRB over the phone. I think they just got it yesterday. Ernie was out today. Maybe he'll have it faxed over so he can put it up. Ernie WANTS to deliver the checks himself. That's all I can tell you.

PROUD MEMBER

yabba

thanks buzz for giving us the up to date info as you get it...yes it seems at times there is no commuincation other then what we ready here,and i dont think anyone actually means to kill the messagner so to speak...and i appreciate everything ernie does for us,and would support him if he ran for a high postition in the up coming election,we need him and i hope he realizes that,we need the moral boost that we had in Sal,and i know we could get the fight back under the right leadership..

Buzz

Yabba, as I mentioned in another post, Ernie's been out for a funeral and there really hasn't been much time elapsed since the NLRB's communication. Also, they're quite busy up at the union trying to get all their ducks in a row for the upcoming Master Pick, which I believe is Monday, the 13th. People have to realize that as much as they might like to have nothing better to do than cater to we prima donnas at Pioneer, trying to make sure that unemployed 1181 people are in their rightful seniority orders amidst the mayhem of the pick may have preempted a bunch of whiny people yelling "Where's my money?"  :snicker:

PROUD MEMBER

Just to clarify. It's people who NEED THEIR MONEY to support their families. It's very unbecoming to use the phrase "Whiny People". Furthermore we all feel for our unemployed brothers & sisters. We also understand the Board has many items on their plate such as the master pick but a phone call from Michael or Eddie to Ernie or Andy saying "Let the guys at Pioneer know we have some good news about their back pay" literally takes one minute. By the way we still haven't heard anything from anyone (except Buzz) with regards to Neil sending our checks to the NLRB.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 08, 2014, 03:36:19 PM
Just to clarify. It's people who NEED THEIR MONEY to support their families. It's very unbecoming to use the phrase "Whiny People". Furthermore we all feel for our unemployed brothers & sisters. We also understand the Board has many items on their plate such as the master pick but a phone call from Michael or Eddie to Ernie or Andy saying "Let the guys at Pioneer know we have some good news about their back pay" literally takes one minute. By the way we still haven't heard anything from anyone (except Buzz) with regards to Neil sending our checks to the NLRB.

I'm sorry, but in view of the fact that there are people who NEED it just as much but will probably NEVER see their money or EVEN HAVE A JOB, and that fact that we are working and KNOW we will eventually get our back pay, we are a whiny bunch. Somebody must have said something (maybe Andy) because I heard about it in the drivers room yesterday morning from other drivers. You might be an exception, but hard for me to believe there are many who could use the money more than I could, however a lot of the people who are constantly asking Ernie and/or And "Where's our money?" could buy and sell either of them several times over. Yes, I do see them as "whiny."

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 08, 2014, 03:36:19 PM
Just to clarify. It's people who NEED THEIR MONEY to support their families.

p.s. - The thing I don't understand is ... when we do get our money, it's a ONE-TIME thing. What happens when that money is exhausted? Families aren't going to be supported? What then?

I guess this is why I don't get the sense of immediate necessity or the need for up-to-the-minute updates tracking the progress. (What if we weren't getting it at all?)

PROUD MEMBER

This will be my last post on this subject because I'm not looking for an argument. I'm looking for my money. First off you state it's a one time thing and what happens when the money is gone. It already is and I didn't even get it yet. So apparently I personally need the money as much as you. Secondly, as I stated earlier I care about all members of this Local working or not. But as unfortunate as it is members who are out of work has nothing to do with our back pay. Third of all, again I'll say just because I'm down doesn't mean I'm "whiny". Lastly, Thank You Buzz for what you do on this site.

1union

Whenever you don't agree with all the the bullshit you are whinning or whatever. It would be nice if we could respect each others opinion. I really what to no why are we continuing doing for a company that has lied to us told us he was so broke that he could no longer pay us but can go out buy new buses and old ones bid on more runs and yet guys cover work use cell phones and hang in the office.I really wish our union would send a rep down from the hall and clear some question s we have for them.I know they are busy but a announced visit would put a lot of things to rest. I want them to no the lack of coumunication is heartbreaking. I want to stand with them but can't understand all the confusion all the time.look I want to work for a company that respects its drivers and don't play games with my families income and coverage.Do things in seniority order (pic a run,pick yard,and a good working bus that I am not going to get a bullshit fine in)and I would go to bat for the company and get things back the way it used to be. Its not Blomberg fault that our owner sides with fat boy gat to and imposed a illegal contract.So I will whine piss n mome all I want till I get what's mine.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on January 08, 2014, 07:45:34 PM
So I will whine piss n mome all I want till I get what's mine.

Be my guest. But there are those who legitimately have a lot more to cry about than we do.

Rock Steady

:bomb: Is The Bus Wash Open . . . . . .