back pay

Started by gigi11744, January 06, 2014, 10:37:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1union

You don't want to go no problem. just trying to put some kind of respect back to our job and show that we are tired of the bullshit all the time.meeting s would only take about 20min to address rumors and understand what going on.Just right sorry to upset you I will try and grow up while I hope you grow some balls and start standing up for a little respect and better treatment of our fellow drivers.I am not saying its an answer but why not try it I think it would give Ernie and Andy a break and show unity.1181 union reps don't need to be there if they don't want to but it would be nice being they can come down and stand in the drivers rm unannounced .

1union

Just right when is enough enough grow some balls be part of the solution.We have less than yr to try an put some respect back to our job!!

PROUD MEMBER

First of all let me say I believe in this Union and I believe in attending Local 1181 meeting. Haven said that I still would have to side with having monthly Yard meetings also for the following reasons. At a Local 1181 meeting getting your voice heard is not that easy. Also topics that I have seen on this site & in person at Pioneer are not items that are brought up at a Local wide meeting. Things such as the way dispatchers speak to drivers, the way SOME people feel Owen treats them, people picking up work or shapes not working are all issues to be discussed in house amongst ourselves and our Shop Stewart. And most importantly to get some Unity with each other at Pioneer. After all it was the Local that said AT THIS TIME IT IS BETTER if we negotiate with. each contractor separately. Well if Mayor deBlasio doesn't reinstate the EPP in a little over a year from now the 700 of us at Pioneer will be voting again on a separate contract than the rest of our brothers & sisters. So obviously starting to get together now can not hurt because if you read this site I'm sure you can see we are from UNITED at Pioneer.

Just_Right

First and foremost Mr 1union: I have more respect for this union than most people do. I am probably here longer than you are .I am here 25 plus years and you couldn't get more respectful and caring about this union than me. The difference between you and I is, I trust and believe what our union tells our Shop Steward who I believe is the most dedicated and most knowledgeable Steward we have had..And yes you and I know there were mistakes made when we entered into the strike. But since then the fight has been strong and our leaders have really done their job. So for you to be selfish and demand they come to Pioneer when there is so much more for them to deal with. I say go to meetings and stop whining. If you need immediate information go to your shop steward. I believe he is just as informed as the president and vice president.

Take a look around you. As a few members have said we have the best contract served to the people of Pioneer than any other company in this industry. And I can say that was due mainly because of our shop steward so I believe with all my heart that with his guidance and knowing how he constantly goes to the union for us and sits with the powers to be that he is just as informed as the delegates. So, he can answer any question you have. I see no good in delegates coming to Pioneer just to wipe our noses. There are plenty of 1181 members that GO to the meetings. They do not request a special meeting where they work. So my response to you saying for me to grow some balls..I do not know what my balls have to do with this I am a dedicated and honest worker.I don't need to prance around and show balls because the fact still remains clear we DO NOT need delegates to come here for the same thing they are doing at meetings.
We are not a special team. We are ALL 1181 fighting for the same thing.

And Proud Member then go to the meetings and bring that up at the meeting. You need a delegate to come to Pioneer, because you get no justice at their meetings. Also your complaint of how you are spoken to from Owen or people in the office. Well I guess 1 union's answer is grow some balls. If you feel you are spoken to with less respect as anyone else than I suggest you speak up for yourself. You don't need any special meeting to do that.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 13, 2014, 08:20:53 PM
Buzz & Just Right
I agree with you to some extent but on the other hand the people who want MONTHLY YARD meetings as of two months ago do have a point. Pioneer employees only have a contract with Pioneer now. In the past 1181 had a contract with the coalition and it was hard enough then to get a question or two in. Do you really think at a Local 1181 meaning our reps are going to devote an hour or so just to Pioneer?

You do have a point there and the same could be said for other companies. So it comes back to, if they do it for one, they have to do it for all. A few years ago an idea was floated of having union meetings in a different borough every month. That may be an idea whose time has come.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Just Right
This is Proud Member and with regards to your last post in reference to my last post maybe you should go back and read it again. I DID NOT say I need a delegate to come to Pioneer. I said it would not hurt to have meeting at the yard with our Shop Stewart on top of Local 1181 meetings. I DID NOT say that I do not get justice at Local 1181 meetings. I said "getting your voice heard is not that easy" meaning after the agenda (business) for the evening is completed Michael will that 4 or 5 questions and then the meeting is over. Again go back and read what I said. I DID NOT say how Owen or the dispatchets speak to me. I said how "SOME people" feel Owen treats them and how the dispatchers speak to drivers. I don't need to grow balls, I have them. By the way the dispatchers & Owen treat me with respect as I do them. The whole reason for my last post was to try and not only get you & 1union on the same page but more UNITY throughout our shop & this Local. Believe me I am a true UNION BROTHER to all of my Brothers & Sisters. If I weren't I wouldn't be on this site and I wouldn't go by the name PROUD MEMBER.

Just_Right

PROUD MEMBER
I too am a PROUD MEMBER, I will apologize for pointing the statement at you. And will retract it here.
If SOME people feel they are not getting the respect they deserve from Owen and the office then SOME People should go to the meetings and have that addressed. I personally have no problems with Owen or the people in the office.They treat me fairly and I do them as well. I doubt I could get on the same page as 1union because what he is demanding is something that ALREADY takes place.So you see PROUD MEMBER I am only pointing out the oblivious. I would prefer our Union Delegates perform their daily duties fighting for our rights as a whole organization opposed to one bus yard on SI.Because SOME people would rather a temper tantrum be addressed than more important issues. History reminds us that ALL for ONE and ONE for ALL is the way to go.

PROUD MEMBER

1union

Just right sorry if you don't see the poi ts of my post but I do not come here to make ennimies just trying to keep us together to get the best contract and working conditions. I will not bring up yard meeting again. Wish nothing but the very best to all 1181 and hope we can make our yard a great place to work.I to will always stand with my union even though I disagreed with the way things are handle if they call on me I'll be there!