back pay part 5 - ALMOST THERE ... MAYBE

Started by Buzz, January 24, 2014, 12:32:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.T.

I think everyone is full of bullshit ,that's all I have to say . :lipsrsealed:

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on January 25, 2014, 06:43:11 PM
i think thats about the only day...a lot of guys are saying the 1 days (monday and tuesday) when we came off strike,but that is arbitration i think and i doubt we will ver win that,.but again 1181 has that answer...

Oh ... I thought you were talking about double days. As for the Monday and Tuesday day after the strike, the $200 we got from the union is all we're getting. The actual "pay" was lost in the bargaining.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

i figured that but it wasnt stated in contract...

Birdie

There were also 2 days owed to me from spring break if you did catholic schools and worked that week

Birdie

Or it might have been from mid winter recess

Buzz

Quote from: Birdie on January 25, 2014, 10:24:55 PM
There were also 2 days owed to me from spring break if you did catholic schools and worked that week

Well, I'm not sure about that. If you got a day's pay for each of those days and now get accrual in the back-pay, I think that's all you're due, no?

Buzz

Quote from: Birdie on January 25, 2014, 10:34:11 PM
Or it might have been from mid winter recess

Presidents' Week? Public school went 3 days due to Sandy, (if I remember correctly), so there would be no doubles for catholic.

wheresmymoney!

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 24, 2014, 02:13:30 AM
But the BEST part of this is our Local does NOT have anyone Intelligent Enough to foresee these goings on! Last year during the strike we were told in the 3 rd week of Jan. as of the 31st NO medical coverage, Ed Gig told us the lawyers are at fault for that snafu. now they are blaming the lawyers again!!!!!!! Wake the Fuck Up if you believe this BULLSHIT! It's starts at the top!!!!! GEEZE! I took Contractual Law in college and the FIRST thing they taught us about contracts is READ THE FINE PRINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amen bro!

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on January 25, 2014, 05:08:14 PM
Quote from: yabba on January 25, 2014, 01:19:41 PM
oh yeah no double days in the check...its easter check   vacation checks and the 7.5% that was stolen,and possibly the 5.00 a week for medical...but double days i guess 1181 will give us the answer on that...

Are there double days other than Brooklyn-Queens day that we're owed?

Do they agree that they owe us?