Yard Guys

Started by Air_Brakes, February 05, 2011, 02:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air_Brakes

I would like to say good job by the yard guys this week.  It was very hard this week with "solid ice" on the windshields, and solid ice on the ground.  To move all those buses in the back, and second row seemed very difficult in conjunction with drivers trying to get out quickly, to be on time.   For those drivers with special ed runs and guys who make it in early,  c'mon in the back sometime and take a look.....arghhhhhhhhhhh!  Just my opinion.  :thumbup: :crazy:

Buzz

Good post! They do a great and thankless job. Thanks for giving them their "props".  I think it's a permanent position for the poor kid, Anthony. When he finally gets to pick a run, they're going to make a special one for him ... Run #000 - Yard Man! Bus Assignment: All.

Only, please somebody ... move 406 from the front outside row. Can hardly get past it when a defect bus is parked right across from it.

THANK YOU, YARD GUYS!!!

:thanks:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

By the way, if all the buses parked in the front row would actually be out by 6 a.m., it would make it much easier for the yard guys to have someplace to move other buses to!

mirrorcheck

I think at times some of us get complacent and take the yard guys for granted.They do a good job and when  I see them start to dig out buses they are moving and communicating with all that need there help. The ice must not have been pleasant from them,it was a trip just to get to my bus and get out imagine moving bus after bus,great thread this was to the Yard guys!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

GMC JOE

IF a list is given to So called Yard Guys the out by 6 AM in front two rows would be corrected in a snap.  :wink_cheesy:
In God We Trust

Buzz

No ... the guys who park there have the "permit" based on their report time. They're allowed to park there. The point is, many of them don't actually leave by 6.

mirrorcheck

Buzz....if they arent leaving by 6 am,then they simply just want good real estate to park at....I knew this for awhile but was waiting for the time that would highlight this and bring attention to it.It didnt take long.  ;D
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

mirrorcheck

Yeah but in Pioneer time thats a blink of an eye!!

GMC JOE

If you are out of the yard by 6 AM you have a permit for the first two rows . If your not out by 6 AM you lose the permit . It is just that simple !! This is an  easy one !  :wink_cheesy:
In God We Trust

No Im Not A Student

I heard all you guys where giving us yard men a shout out so i had to join the forum and say thank you on our behalf... We do our best to get you guys goin in the morning no matter what the weather is like out there... Its nice to know someone takes notice and can give us some recognition for it cause sometimes it seems like nobody cares that we're even out there... So thanks for the "props" it means a lot to us  :thumbup:  ;D... As far for all the dudes in the first two rows there are some reoccuring problems with those spots that keep happening...#1 and the biggest problem is the mechanics keep parkin all the "dead buses", break downs and the buses that need to get DOT'd in those spots leaving not enough room for all the guys with the lovely yellow signs to park...#2 there isnt enough guys to fill every spot, there are about 40 spots and i think there is about 37 or 38 people that park there so we gotta throw just anyone in the remaining spots so we dont waste any space cause we all know we have a lot of space in that yard... NOPE lol... And #3 if you know we don't watch the rows at all times everyone all of sudden leaves at 6am and dives in there lol... So if we can eliminate those problems somehow everthing should be all good...