double days

Started by wizardsi, February 18, 2011, 10:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizardsi

Can someone explain the double day scenario {IF ANY} for Easter and Passover weeks ???

Buzz

There are no double days for working Easter Vacation. The canned explanation is that you get accrual ... if you're so entitled.

If you're not working, or if you are and make less than $405 for the week (you get paid for the days you work), you claim unemployment.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wizardsi

SO IF YOU WORK 2 OR 3 DAYS YOU DO GET 2 OR 3 DAYS EXTRA PAY. CORRECT???

Buzz

Well, it's per diem ... you get a day's pay for each day you work ... if that's what you mean. That is, not an "extra" day's pay. If you work one day, you get one day's pay, two days you get two days' pay, etc., whether or not you're entitled to the accrual. If you're not here long enough to get the accrual, all you'll make for the week is a day's pay times the number of days actually worked.

Might be a matter of semantics ... Presidents' Week, if you're here at least a year, you get a week's regular salary (not accrual ... so you cannot claim unemployment). If you work, you get an additional day's pay for each day you work. ("Additional" because you've already gotten paid for the week, whereas you are not "paid" for Easter week.)

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wizardsi

Thanks Buzz I see .....