More bad news

Started by Squid, February 27, 2011, 02:04:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

The School Chancellor says sending Special needs children to school in a Taxi will be cheaper than a School bus
:bomb:

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2011/02/city_looking_to_reimburse_stat.html

I have a few questions about this brainstorm.....  :o     Will the taxi driver have a background check before transporting kids or training in handling special needs children?  Will the city check his driving abstract and will the inspectors check his cab for violations?

GMC JOE

WHAT will this   do to the traffic situation for everyone ?  :snicker:      Bloomys PICK , HE just has to go ! Let him take his water meters with him also. >:(
In God We Trust

Buzz

Somebody posted this article in the News and Views forum yesterday. Besides the points Squid made, my comment was that they are ignoring the safety issue. Kids are many, MANY times more likely to get killed or injured traveling to and from school in vehicles other than school buses. School buses are the safest mode of transportation, bar none.  I cited one source in my reply to the previous post, here's another ... http://www.naptfoundation.org/facts.html
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on February 27, 2011, 02:21:33 PM
WHAT will this   do to the traffic situation for everyone ?  :snicker:      Bloomys PICK , HE just has to go ! Let him take his water meters with him also. >:(
I think you just don't like short people.  :rotfl:

Buzz

Quote from: GMC JOE on February 27, 2011, 02:21:33 PM
WHAT will this   do to the traffic situation for everyone ?
And imagine the havoc of a couple dozen private vehicles dropping off their wheelchair-bound kids at schools like 24!

GMC JOE

And or livery cars and taxis >:(
In God We Trust