Nobody Cares

Started by Buzz, September 18, 2020, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMAO

Buzz hit it on the head " no one cares " if WE don't take a stand for our Own safety no one else Will I'm seeing post on Here about bills getting paid ( we were getting paid more staying home and now with the extra $300 We are making almost as much ) If you want to say Medical coverage , I can understand your point . The city , the Company and our  union Are giving us the circle jerk because in the end THEY are not in HARMS way , there is power in unity if we don't have that , we have NOTHING ! 
Stay together stay strong everyone wants to go back but don't go In weak !
Keep yourself and your family safe above anything else .

yabba

300 is a joke... we still waiting and its just about broke...maybe another 900 if we are lucky... i rather take precaution and have my pay check and pension and welfare security...

Hammer2161

Yes Buzz did hit it on the head !!!!

But unfortunately I think your math is wrong. Yes we were all taking home more when the 600 came into play and although we would be taking home less with the additional 300 I would hope most could get by. But the 300 was only for 3 weeks and as of today no one has seen that money. Not exactly sure where you stand in seniority but if you are at top pay claiming single zero on deductions you were taking home around 8 hundred a week. And although it would only be about a 5 or 6 hundred dollar a month difference if the 300 were permanent that money is crucial to people who only have this job and not a pension from elsewhere.

So although there is most definitely strength in unity we must all agree as to what is most important. Not sure if you were here for the last strike but I am betting most would not want to strike.

We were always told safety first so now I ask " WHAT ABOUT OUR SAFETY " ????

Numbers

Just got my 900 in my bank :))

rc1790

Chase must have just released it. 2 went it. Got screwed out of a1 for now

OMG

I don't think anyone is talking strike, that should be off the table. But OPT, the BOE, the parents, and possibly the media should know that our buses may potentially be overcrowded, and the children may potentially be put at risk To infect parents, grandparents, aunts and uncle's unless  stringent and safe busing rules are implemented. Not just hastily put together and telling us to go out there and just wing it and wish for the best. And let us not forget the safety of the drivers and bus attendants.

LMAO

Hammer,  yes I was here for the strike and top pay and seniority  but a strike is definitely NOT  the way to go ! There are Other ways to get our point across,  sick out ,break downs , no covering runs to mention a few .You are never going to make everyone happy On this topic but we should not sacrifice our health For anyone  Just my thoughts

Hammer2161

I don't think anyone is talking or wanting a strike but other than that it appears we are stuck with what the BOE and Pioneer give us in relations to safety protocols.

I would have hoped more safety measures would be in place by now but unfortunately that's not the case. The system is failing every person related to the NYC school system. 6 months and this is the best we could come up with. What a disgrace. 

LMAO I agree a strike is not the way to go. Most drivers throughput the city could never afford that at this point. Not sure about the sick outs and the breakdown's either but I would hope we would get some guidance from someone at some point.

OMG

I'm sending a copy of that handout we got from Owen during the class to the New York post, along with a picture of the hand sanitizer and the masks made in China