Runs Are Hanging

Started by Buzz, January 03, 2023, 03:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The runs are hanging. Look 'em over.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Is it me or do these runs seem to get worse with every pick?

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on January 04, 2023, 04:12:07 PMIs it me or do these runs seem to get worse with every pick?

Cause it looks like they are combining a lot of runs together that's why. My old run ended with IS 24, I lost the run and looked at it today and saw they added a school after IS 24.

Buzz

I don't think so. Pioneer gets paid by the run so I don't think they're going to be reducing the number of runs intentionally. A number of new charter schools this year so they have to move shit around, which is understandable, but OPT doesn't give a shit about destroying "senior man" runs.

LMAO

Buzz you are correct! ( NT)

PROUD MEMBER

To Kid's point.
It's not Pioneer combining the runs, it may be OPT.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on January 05, 2023, 12:59:47 PMTo Kid's point.
It's not Pioneer combining the runs, it may be OPT.

Nah ... we haven't lost any runs.

Buzz

No secret that the best runs up there are trip runs. Meanwhile runs that were traditionally "senior man" runs are getting destroyed.

To me, it would be more fair this way: Let's just say there are 175 trip runs. Put all the runs up as no-trip runs. Let everybody pick. Then the bottom 175 guys do trips, regardless of the run they picked. (I'm sure they wouldn't agree ... LOL.)

Just sayin'.  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

(I just picked 175 arbitrarily ... probably close though.)

LMAO

To be clear we are talking about No Trip Runs .and yes they have gotten far worse . The question become who picks what trips go to NO Trips ? ( it's Not OPT or the Office ) so who ? 🤔 seniority was the only thing to look forward to 🤷‍♂️

Kid24

From what I was told a lot of senior drivers pick trip runs the first pick then this pick pick off to a no trip run because trips are more heavy going forward

Buzz

QuoteThe question become who picks what trips go to NO Trips ?

That's done in the shop steward's office.

When I started, approximately 1/4 of the runs were trip runs. Now, more than HALF the runs are trip runs.

A former shop steward made a lot of GOOD RUNS trip runs. I argued with him about this practice but he thought it wouldn't be fair giving newer guys all that work with the runs they were able to get. So screwing the senior guys by making good runs trip runs was fair? After they paid their dues years ago?

Never agreed with him on this. That's why I say, put them all up as no trippers and the bottom 209 guys DO TRIPS no matter what run they pick. (I found out there are a total of 209 trip runs ... 140 regular ed, 69 special ed.)

Seniority is all we have.

LMAO

Kid your are correct , as I did it this year ! But I did have the 4 school afternoons last bus in he yard on a trip run and hated every minute of it but that's what it was ! now that I'm up in seniority the No Trip Runs are getting worse !

Buzz , I agree with you and that doesn't happen often 🤪

Buzz

QuoteBuzz , I agree with you and that doesn't happen often 🤪

And why wouldn't you? I'm always right.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kid24

It's gonna be tough to predict but cut throat as well. Also if drivers are getting steady OT why would they pick off is another thing to watch out for as well

QuoteIt's gonna be tough to predict but cut throat as well. Also if drivers are getting steady OT why would they pick off is another thing to watch out for as well

I don't think "Cut Throat" is the proper reference for this scenario. If someone makes a choice to pick a different run that they deem beneficial to them, it's not "Cut Throat" it's an opportunity.