No More Ties ... EVER!!!

Started by Buzz, May 08, 2023, 10:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Y'all see this? Whoda thunk it???

ties.jpg

Photo courtesy of PROUD MEMBER
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

Great news ! I saw that sign today and couldn't believe it!

Buzz

It might be a trap.  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

It's odd that OPT would abolish such a profitable "violation."

PROUD MEMBER

Speaking of profitability. I'm sure Steve Flam is not gonna be happy.

OK, we made some progress with the times to a more casual look. Next step should be dark blue embroidered polo shirts, then, optional shorts after June 1.

Buzz

QuoteOK, we made some progress with the times to a more casual look. Next step should be dark blue embroidered polo shirts, then, optional shorts after June 1.

I think you can wear shorts for summer school. Not sure ... never worked the summer.

Buzz

Wasn't fair that people got $200 fines for not wearing a tie when you see teachers, principal and APs dressed like fucking slobs! The kids dress better than them some times.

Speaking of fines, you know what the fine is for an AP stealing free Great Adventure tickets intended for students? $25,000! This happened 10 years ago at I.S. 24 but it's a good read.  Gilberto retired years ago, Borrero is still there ... and still one of the better dressed APs ... LOL.

https://nypost.com/2012/06/05/si-schoolkids-taken-for-ride/

Bussin4Livin

QuoteOK, we made some progress with the times to a more casual look. Next step should be dark blue embroidered polo shirts, then, optional shorts after June 1.

I think you can wear shorts for summer school. Not sure ... never worked the summer.

We can for Summer School, but he's saying June 1st when school is still in session

Buzz

QuoteWe can for Summer School, but he's saying June 1st when school is still in session

Yes, I know. I don't think it will happen.

Buzz

You have to wonder why ... after so many decades ... OPT would do away with this rule. Here's my guess:

Now that the city has its own bus company they probably found that fining its own employees for this terrible "violation" wasn't good for driver retention.

Just a thought.

Buzz

Ok, so I'm going to paraphrase a conversation that our member "Golfnut" had with Anthony: Other owners recently realized that NYCSBUS drivers wore only a white Polo shirt ,... no tie obviously ... they called it to the city's attention. Not fair requiring them to buy ties for their drivers so, the city relented and canceled the tie requirement.

(I was on the right track!)

PROUD MEMBER

Curiosity are their White Polo Shirts long sleeve shirts?

Buzz

QuoteCuriosity are their White Polo Shirts long sleeve shirts?

I've never seen a long-sleeved Polo shirt. By definition I think a Polo shirt is a short-sleeved shirt, no?

PROUD MEMBER

That's why I asked. But I also inquired and there are long sleeve polo shirts. Having said that besides ties if NYCS drivers are wearing short sleeve polo shirts all year round than why should other companies's employees have to wear long sleeves from September to the middle of May?

Buzz

QuoteThat's why I asked. But I also inquired and there are long sleeve polo shirts. Having said that besides ties if NYCS drivers are wearing short sleeve polo shirts all year round than why should other companies's employees have to wear long sleeves from September to the middle of May?

Well, I googled "long sleeve polo shirts" and, lo and behold, there is such a thing.

I have never heard of anyone getting a violation for short sleeves any time of year (as long as there was a tie when required).