Claim Unemployment 8/27

Started by Buzz, August 27, 2023, 10:44:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Bussin4Livin

My benefit year ends today. I just claimed for this week. Now do I file the new claim today or tomorrow? The link is there for me to start it today, I think last year I claimed Sunday and opened the new claim on Monday. If I open it today would it affect my claim that I did today on my last claim?

It says. You may use this system to file a claim for Unemployment Insurance benefits. If you apply for Unemployment Insurance benefits today, your claim will be effective the Monday of the current week. This online system is available between the hours of 7:30 am to 7:30 pm Monday through Thursday (Eastern Time), Friday, 7:30 am to 5:00 pm, all day Saturday, and Sunday until 7:00 pm.

Claim today as you normally would. File a new claim tomorrow for a new year. Claim for new year starting next Sunday. You will not be paid next week due to waiting week.

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on August 27, 2023, 02:10:04 PMClaim today as you normally would. File a new claim tomorrow for a new year. Claim for new year starting next Sunday. You will not be paid next week due to waiting week.

This is correct.

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Buzz on August 27, 2023, 03:06:52 PM
Quote from: 04012013 on August 27, 2023, 02:10:04 PMClaim today as you normally would. File a new claim tomorrow for a new year. Claim for new year starting next Sunday. You will not be paid next week due to waiting week.

This is correct.

Ok ok thanks yeah I forgot if I opened the new claim today after filing on my old claim. Ok so I'll open the new one tomorrow

Buzz

Opened a new claim this past Monday and certified today for my waiting week ... which is a friggin joke. But what I thought was odd was that it asked for my banking info again. Used to just carry over whatever method you used before (card or direct deposit). Oh well ...

Bussin4Livin

I actually just did a license transfer from NY to NJ. I don't need the physical hard copy to open my new claim right? I have my new license number and expiration date, I assume that's all I need. I know last time I opened I needed to put in my number expiration date and like 3 letters on the back of the ID, I looked at my wife's NJ license and all it has is the license number and expiration date with nothing additional on the back. I went for it on the 14th hoping to get it this week.

Buzz

I can't speak for Jersey licenses. No idea.

Bussin4Livin

Hey I forgot how to answer these questions for filing a new claim I remembered I asked you

Did you lose ALL of your employment in the last 18 months due to lack of work? Yes or no

If you answered no did you make more than 5,050 gross pay

Buzz

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Buzz on August 28, 2023, 03:57:48 PMYes ... Lack of work always!

But it says ALL of my employment in 18 months so it would be no. Later on in the app it generally just asked are you filing for lack of work so I said yes to that. But when it said ALL in the last 18 months I put no and answered yes to grossing out over 5,040 from pioneer

Bussin4Livin

Says for me to file my next claim Wednesday 9/6, no later than 9/9

Buzz

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Buzz on August 28, 2023, 05:12:46 PMDo it sunday. Believe me.

Do it this Sunday the 2nd or Sunday the 9th?