Wakeup 123

Started by Stugots, January 10, 2016, 10:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

Wakeup 123 for Union President.  He Has my vote.

24yrs1181

I think it's appropriate to add a post on the subject of what policy's and what direction LEGALLY ELECTED FRESH leadership would be implementing and putting into place before any contract negotiating would start with any companies . At this critical and strategic place in our unions time line one should first reflect on what we had suffered to earn over the last 35 years , not a bloated and extravagant salary,  but a living wage , and how we ,in such a short time, had to watch as what was earned with blood was bargained away during the Cordiello era. During the last 6 years the philosophy on how our union governs shifted from a member based decision making process to a contractor driven PARTNERSHIP where as our union decided that it was more important to bypass what was in the best interest of its members and concentrate on doing everything in its power to keep the bus company's as profitable as possible with the mindset that a filthy rich bus company will never go out of business and the millions of dollars that went back into the contractors pockets , that this would be in the new best interest of the union  and the owners ,  people have been very confused over and over again on why none of the policies the Cordiello administration put into place and why so many  anti membership contract decisions were made seemingly with no level of common sense and devoid of any respect of how hard the membership suffered to gain every financial inch over the years only to see our contractual strides disappear in an instant , well it is no confusing once you realize that we are now NOT the most important piece to the puzzle the contractors are . So let's get back to what policies NEW and FRESH leadership would be bringing to the table for the membership,  before one contract would be drawn , before one member cast his or her vote , what would take place is that a new foundation would be clearly laid out , a new foundation built on dignity and respect for the members and the one aspect that keeps a union strong, RESPECT FOR SENIORITY , NUMBER 1 , AN INDUSTRY WIDE SENIORITY PICK, NUMBER 2, GETTING THE MEMBERSHIP BACK INTO A MORE COST EFFECTIVE HEALTHCARE OPTION SUCH AS REVISITING WHAT MAGNACARE WOULD OFFER  US TODAY ( THEY DID VERY WELL FOR THE MEMBERS BEFORE AND SHOUD NOT HAVE BEEN DROPPED ) AND THREE , AND THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF BEING IN A UNION , WHERE OUR STRENGTH IS DERIVED FROM WHAT MAKES US ALL UNIFIED BROTHERS AND SISTERS THE ACT OF BRINGING  THE MEMBERSHIP BACK UNDER ONE CONTRACT , THE CORDIELLO ERA OF DIVIDING A UNION AGAINST ONE ANOTHER WOULD END. " ONE UNION ONE CONTRACT " all this could and would and should be done before one pen hit a contract for this membership , none of this would cost the union a dime and would allow us negotiate with the contractors from a point of STRENGTH instead of being weak and divided , A NEW DAY , A NEW START , NEW LOYAL,  EFFECTIVE, HONEST , TRANSPARENT LEADERSHIP  BUILT ON THE TIME PROVEN PHILOSOPHY OF " MEMBERS FIRST CONTRACTORS LAST " it's what built this union in the past and is what will DRIVE THIS LOCAL INTO THE FUTURE, " UNITED WE BARGAIN DIVIDED WE BEG  " THOMAS SALERNO SUPPORTS THESE POLICIES AS A REALISTIC FIRST STEP, THOMAS SALERNO IS THE FUTURE OF OUR UNION!!!!!'

PROUD MEMBER

Sounds great but I have one question. Why are you posting this and not Tommy Salerno? This is a sincere question.

Buzz

So the the same old people who caused the division and strife in this local years ago, ruined what worked for us for decades, did irreparable damage to all members ... are now the ones who are going to give us a "fresh start," unify us, heal our wounds and make us strong again?

Interesting ...
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WakeUp123

BUZZ, WHO ARE THE SAME OLD PEOPLE? Did Salerno negotiate the last contract only to see the owners reneg on it? Did Salerno agree to divide the companies and negotiate separately weaken the union to the point on IMPOTENCE? Was is Salerno who made us go on strike only to make us loose even more? Is it Salerno who negotiated a contract that benefitted the owners so the can remain 'COMPETITIVE" at the cost of the members? Was it Salerno that watered down our medical benefits? Was it Salerno who allowed the companies to lay off good union members then hire replacements at lower wages? Is it Salerno who is supposedly negotiating a contract for us right now but refuses to provide any information as to what is happening, and like others have said on this site will 'SHOVE IT DOWN OUR THROATS" and claim this is the best we can do? Then people like you BUZZ, LIKe the last time will post and post how if we don't vote for it we are bad union members and stupid.

Buzz, enough with your BS. THIS IS REAL LIFE !!!!!!!

Buzz

Stick to hurling personal insults and accusations. Don't speak to things that were before your time and of which you know nothing.

John Eadicicco

Buzz, again DUCKING the REAL ISSUE that we are confronted with!!!!!!

Buzz

Yeah, and Salerno has the magic bullet.

Well, if it suits your agenda ...

Rock Steady

Well, Cordiello has been shooting blanks for to long now. A new "Possibly Magic" bullet sounds good right about now. I'm telling you people right now, if we're given a disaster of a contract to ratify and are told "this is the best out there", or "this is the best we can do". And are also told "a no vote means an imposed contract", or something in that nature. I for one will vote no. If its that bad don't leave the table until you win.

John Eadicicco

So tell me this Buzz, What in God's name has Cordiello done for you and your family since he has been in office? And DON'T answer this with a question!!!!!!WHAT has he done?

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 12, 2016, 04:24:44 AM
So tell me this Buzz, What in God's name has Cordiello done for you and your family since he has been in office? And DON'T answer this with a question!!!!!!WHAT has he done?

I have a job, with decent pay and benefits.  I have a president who has held together a union that was fractured by people whom you support. The very ones who cut off the legs of our local are the ones who scream the loudest that it doesn't walk right. Our best chance of getting back the EPP still rests with Michael.

WakeUp123

John, as we have stated before Buzz, must be a 'paid " union operative. If he is not receiving money he must be getting some other benefit. Nobody in their right mind after everything that has happened to this industry, union and company can with any shred of intelligence BLINDLEY FOLLOW AND OBEDIENTLY DEFEND THE CURRENT REGIME LIKE BUZZ HAS DONE!

WakeUp123

Quote from: Buzz on January 12, 2016, 11:29:33 AM
Quote from: John Eadicicco on January 12, 2016, 04:24:44 AM

I have a job, with decent pay and benefits.  I have a president who has held together a union that was fractured by people whom you support. The very ones who cut off the legs of our local are the ones who scream the loudest that it doesn't walk right. Our best chance of getting back the EPP still rests with Michael.

There you have it, with BUZZ it's ( I ) not WE. UNFORTUNATELY Buzz, the majority of us don't share in your REWARDS. that's why we question, complain and act. That's why we call out our 'elected" representatives when we believe they are not acting in our best interest, Buzz. You forget one thing like a lot of people... WE ARE PAYING FOR THEM, EVERY WEEK. paying for the 6 figure salaries, expense accounts, new luxury buildings, 75 k a year secretaries, lobbyist, etc. SO DONT FEEL SO APPRECIATIVE THAT THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE DONE FOR YOU IS THAT YOU HAVE A JOB. THAT JOB COULD BE GONE TOMMORROW AND THE EPP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

4real

SOME GOOD POINTS YOU REALLY CANT ARGUE WITH!!! BY WAKE UP, ITS EXACTLY WHAT IS BEING SAID BY MOST DRIVERS IN THE INDUSTRY NOT JUST PIONEER....

Buzz

Asinine accusations and insinuations don't deserve a reply. Have your fun.