Contract Atta Boy

Started by Grrr, February 18, 2016, 08:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grrr

To all the executive board members and any relatives, secretaries or janitors making $150,000 plus with a company lease car, expense account, and comfortable pension.

Monday is the first day of my raise.  I want to thank you for the .29 cents an hour raise.  Wait, I'm in the 26% tax bracket. 

Let me start again.

Monday is the first day of my raise.  I want to thank you for the .21 cents an hour raise.  A full 8 hour day will bring me home $1.68.  This will come in handy especially after losing $1,187 for presidents week which just past, along with other losses estimated at $2700, not to mention another $3,100 lost to cost of living increases.

I plan to buy a pack of gum. 

Great job everyone.

I will remember this raise and show my appreciation at the next vote.

Fraternally and up yours,
Grrr

PROUD MEMBER

Anyone can run for an EB position

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks
Always nice talking with Union Brother or Sister.
It's a shame we don't find many on this site!

Stugots

I feel sorry for the new guys that are coming in.  You use to be able to support a family with this job.  Not anymore, it is over.  You will never hit top pay, no coverage for your family.  It took eight years to get that raise.  Michael set this job back 10 years.  (The Great Negotiator).  He buried himself with the next election.  Anyone that would vote for him, needs their head examined. 

yabba

guys let it go for the next 16 months  we signed it we eat it...just hope we dont give back the little bit and then some in 9-2017 into the medical... also the election is coming and we have to vote in all new   ...time for new young blood..

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on February 19, 2016, 04:11:41 PM
I feel sorry for the new guys that are coming in.  You use to be able to support a family with this job.  Not anymore, it is over.  You will never hit top pay, no coverage for your family.  It took eight years to get that raise.  Michael set this job back 10 years.  (The Great Negotiator).  He buried himself with the next election.  Anyone that would vote for him, needs their head examined.

Maybe new people (and constant complainers) should use their BA, MA and PhD degrees to get a better job than school bus driver.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I recall Members complaining about the last President & EB even though the majority voted them in. Then the majority voted Michael & his EB in twice and the same Members are still complaining.  Obviously I am far from happy with the last two contracts and can express my dissatisfaction but I cannot bash anyone in particular for a few reasons. Nobody but ourselves put them in office. None of us are in the negotiations and really do not know what goes on or if ANYBODY could have done better. No other President & Board had to deal with Bloomberg.
PS I recall last year when the issue (which is still around) of unfair voting practices was at its peak that Pioneer of SI had 5 bus loads of Members & another 100 or so in their own cars (approximately 350 Members in total) go to a Special Order of Business meeting with regards to that vote and NOT ONE MEMBER stood up against Michael and the results of that vote! Just the opposite all 350 raised our hands in favor of the election results and then immediately walked out. Where were all the complainers that night? Lastly, I am sure that WHOEVER is our next President & EB that they will not take a pay cut and the same Members that are complaining now will be complaining about them then. Complaining is understandable but it's not going to change anything unless you/we stop complaining and do something! And cursing at your fellow Members is not the something I'm talking about!

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 19, 2016, 06:10:01 PM
I recall Members complaining about the last President & EB even though the majority voted them in. Then the majority voted Michael & his EB in twice and the same Members are still complaining.  Obviously I am far from happy with the last two contracts and can express my dissatisfaction but I cannot bash anyone in particular for a few reasons. Nobody but ourselves put them in office. None of us are in the negotiations and really do not know what goes on or if ANYBODY could have done better. No other President & Board had to deal with Bloomberg.
PS I recall last year when the issue (which is still around) of unfair voting practices was at its peak that Pioneer of SI had 5 bus loads of Members & another 100 or so in their own cars (approximately 350 Members in total) go to a Special Order of Business meeting with regards to that vote and NOT ONE MEMBER stood up against Michael and the results of that vote! Just the opposite all 350 raised our hands in favor of the election results and then immediately walked out. Where were all the complainers that night? Lastly, I am sure that WHOEVER is our next President & EB that they will not take a pay cut and the same Members that are complaining now will be complaining about them then. Complaining is understandable but it's not going to change anything unless you/we stop complaining and do something! And cursing at your fellow Members is not the something I'm talking about!
good post proud member...i was at that meeting and had no problem going when asked by ernie... but that was the last meeting id ever attend for this EB,because the next day i recieved the letter of increases in our co pays... that was slap in the face 

PROUD MEMBER

Stugots

You make me laugh Buzz.  Maybe you don't think too highly of yourself, but i consider what I do a profession, that is very important.  We drive huge buses with kids on them.  Precious cargo and not every joe shmo can just do this. This is the problem.  You don't think you deserve better, but a lot of us think we do.  I didn't vote for this shit.  All these assholes who don't care, whose nose is so far up Michaels ass they can smell brill cream.             

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on February 19, 2016, 08:58:51 PM
  We drive huge buses with kids on them.  Precious cargo and not every joe shmo can just do this.   

Well, in many parts of the country it's done by single mom trailer park dwellers who usually have a few teeth missing (no dental plan like we have) for half of what we get.

Ben Carson was going to be a bus driver but he decided brain surgery was a lot easier.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Did our new contract go into effect today?
Will our retro check be a separate check?

hognol

I'm gonna buy an ice cream cone with my retro check.