Master Pick

Started by Stugots, July 12, 2020, 06:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

If there is a Master Pick, it would come from the Board of Education Seniority List.  Other Unions such as Local 100,91,1181 etc. would be part of the pick.  First time it happened was in 2004 and Sal tried to stop it, and he could not.   

WigWag16

Quote from: Stugots on July 12, 2020, 06:12:02 PM
If there is a Master Pick, it would come from the Board of Education Seniority List.  Other Unions such as Local 100,91,1181 etc. would be part of the pick.  First time it happened was in 2004 and Sal tried to stop it, and he could not.

So in other words a lot of drivers are screwed and out to a job IF any of this goes down

PROUD MEMBER

First off I would hope that getting rid of General Ed runs doesn't happen. As far as a Master List or seniority within a company that's something in my opinion that is up for debate. Let's not forget that if this does happen that there's "no work to follow." Example: Two years back in August Pioneer picked their runs and had like 20 runs less than when we left in June. 20 drivers and shapes lost their jobs. Within the first month Pioneer started getting some more runs back. As we got the runs back the people who got laid off came back to work. Nobody that was laid off from another company came off the master list and went before those pioneer workers. Hopefully this scenario will not even come into play.
I understand that this story only broke 24 hours ago but what disappoints me is that I come on this site, other sites and most importantly 1181's site and I don't see mention of it from Micheal or any of the EB. Right now they probably have no answer to this but still put something out there we're talking about losing our jobs now, not losing our Medical, not losing this with that, actually losing our jobs!
Say we're looking into it, say anything instead of letting us go on these websites and call each other on the phone and guess and worry. I stand behind my President and EB "ALL" the time but I'm starting to get frustrated!!!

hideout

I thought Pioneer had a 5 year contract extension? How is it that that can be cancelled?

WigWag16

It just amazes me that we were taking very precaution and MORE when the virus first came out and the students were fine. Did the idiots in this article and "chancellor" forget about that. They are just looking to cripple the school system even more

faceit

Unfortunately stugots is right if there is a MASTER  PICK it is with all the companies that have board of Ed runs.. and will be run by the board of Ed
All lives matter

Hammer2161

Okay so as i read what is being said so far if there is this master pick you have to go wherever the work is ? For example if it gets to you and lets say for arguments sake the only work left is in queens you have to work in queens. If it proceeds like that they wont have to worry about the drivers screwing it up they will do that part all on their own. I took the time to read the article and as far as i can understand it is just something they are considering. Lets not forget when they tried to do that with the catholic schools it basically never happened. Also lets not forget that the governor and Dumblasio are not on the same page. A definitive decision on opening the school at all has not even been decided as of yet. I mean its only July 12th they can make this decision as late as September 9th i would think. I mean is they give us 24 hours notice can we not be prepared  :lipsrsealed: :crazy:

LMR

Look I don't like the looks of everything that's being floated in the newspapers and on this site everybody's trying to get in the heads of the idiots that run the show in this city. I suggest we just take a deep breath.It's still a little early to start panicking and it might even be a little bit of a pissing match between Di Blasio and the chancellor andTrump's threats to hold back funding if they don't open the schools on time.Let's stay positive we still have a little time till it's crunch time.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 12, 2020, 07:03:01 PM
Example: Two years back in August Pioneer picked their runs and had like 20 runs less than when we left in June. 20 drivers and shapes lost their jobs. Within the first month Pioneer started getting some more runs back. As we got the runs back the people who got laid off came back to work. Nobody that was laid off from another company came off the master list and went before those pioneer workers. Hopefully this scenario will not even come into play.

Too the best of my recollection there was no master list at the time. Everybody was short drivers ... and still are. If this happened, it would certainly change that.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

I could envision a scenario where they did this is all boroughs except Staten Island due to the lack of sufficient public transportation. No consolation if there's a master pick, though.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Ladies and Gentlemen please take a deep breath and try to relax. Take the time to enjoy the beautiful weather and the time you are spending with your family. Truth is all of this is just speculation the city has yet to contact the union or the owners either way regarding any of this. There will be plenty of time for mass hysteria in late August when any or all of this come to fruition. For now try to relax and enjoy your day.

PROUD MEMBER

Hammer
I appreciate your optimism and I hope that all of this is just talk and when school reopens that we all still have a job. I also hope that when we take that deep breath that you mentionEd that we're not under water when we're taking it!

Hammer2161

Proud Member and all members that come here either to post or just read, all that I am trying to say is that if you are paying attention to the links and the news articles everything seems to be changing daily if not more often then that. Unfortunately we will not have much of a say in the final decision other than if we ourselves are comfortable returning to work in September. I think more important right now is the unfortunate ending of the enhanced unemployment. Hopefully they can all agree on something that will potentially get us through the month of August and then back to work come September. I know it's difficult for many of us but try to be patient and let's wait and see what the plan is going forward. It is very apparent they are giving the DOE and the schools themselves at least till July 31st to formulate some kind of plan. We will have to wait till at least then before we will rightfully know anything. Try to enjoy your days and let's all hope for the best.

PROUD MEMBER

I understand your point and I also understand that we really have no say in what is going to happen. But I for one am not going to wait around until July 31 August 15 September 10 whatever the day may be to be told that I'm out of a job. I understand that this no general busing is only a couple of days old but still stories like that don't come out of thin air. So just in case it is true I've already contacted our Congressman and Councilwoman and have asked for their help.

Hammer2161

Proud Member
Well I for one applaud you for that. There was something posted on Instagram earlier I think on the SI Advance feed about a politician doing exactly that. Hell I wish we had a definitive answer and I am more than willing to assist in whatever it is we can do to facilitate one. There is a lot that needs to be done from many vantage points including just getting our medical done to whatever else it is they will require from us before we can return to work. I am available to help in any possible if need be.