To my Brothers and Sisters of Pioneer

Started by Ernie, November 16, 2013, 03:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

The union myself and Andy have been working very hard to try and make this contract complete so that we can move on with our lives. We respect and consider everyone's opinion, In spite of what most people think and use the excuse that I am intimating to them. Please let me explain that under no uncertain terms is that my intent. I make speak loud and I may yell due to being a high stung person. Also I am a hands on individual and I could see how some would say I am intimating. However I do try to get the job done. .I am proud to know that I have a much further reach into our organization than most other shop stewards. And this is due to the amount of years and experience and knowledge I have learned from our past president.
        We constantly hear how the union doesn't give us any info and how the union is screwing us. With all fairness where do you think we get our Info from? We would not be where we are today and have what we have if it were not for the President Vice President and executive board. They have been working very hard to resolve the issues that were imposed on us and with great success they have completed our contract which is the best given to any company in our industry. As I have always told you we will prevail.
Here are some of the answers to questions I have seen:
        In regards to our vote, it will be a ballad vote. Our members will get to voice their choice whether being yes you except or No you decline. A NO vote will absolutely reflect to the owner that we are ready to strike. That being said, some people believe that will bring us back to the table. That is absolutely not true. We then subject ourselves to another imposed contract. And there will be no way that we can prove to a federal judge that the owner has not bargained in good faith. Since we returned to work in Feb with nothing.* 71/2 % reduction in pay, no holidays, no Christmas no Easter, no additional days for working holidays and no overtime in addition to no vacation pay*. Across the board we had nothing and now we are coming back and going from zero to 80 of what we lost. And I am listening to people argue with Andy and some of our other coworkers that we should not sign our contract till we get our money. Let me remind you the NLRB ruled in our FAVOR and deemed that the imposed contract was ILLEGAL. At no time did they give a definitive date on when we should get our money. Everyone knows the way our legal system works. The owners could have tied us up in court for the next few years due to the appeal process. So, please remember he does not have to pay us in the timely fashion that everyone is led to believe due to the court's ruling. And YES his contract is whole till 2015.If he makes ten Billion dollars a year there will never be a ruling by any judge that will tell him he has to share his money with us
        As far as the pick is concerned even though I did not have a signed contract in my hand I was confident that it would be followed and completed with everything that the union, contractor and I had discussed. Ensuring that there would be no hidden clause added. Just to remind you all our pick is very intricate and takes numerous days of work to arrange our people to be there to pick, in changing trips, shares shuttles and whatever other programs we have going on a daily basis.
        I hope this clears some things up from our brothers and sisters of pioneer. And I whole heartily thank everyone for their time, patience and support. Please have faith and knowing the information that was given we will put this behind us and move forward like the professionals that we all are.
Thank you and have a safe and happy weekend.
Respectfully Ernie

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Ernie
That does clear up a few issues. As far as I'm concerned if we weren't on the same page we are now. The past is the past lets look forward.