What Time is Summer School Over???

Started by Buzz, July 28, 2023, 04:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

How late are you guys getting back to the yard? I saw a bus going down New Dorp Lane the other day and it was after 4 p.m. (Regular ed)

What the hell???
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Bussin4Livin

3pm pick up I'm done at 3:15 by Woodrow in then yard by 3:25 but hearing a lot of guys are getting in late....

Not sure if you know but we got a few IC vans in the yard being driven by pioneer drivers lol

Buzz

Quote from: Bussin4Livin on July 29, 2023, 02:46:56 AMNot sure if you know but we got a few IC vans in the yard being driven by pioneer drivers lol

Really? What the hell is that all about?

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Buzz on July 30, 2023, 02:35:43 AM
Quote from: Bussin4Livin on July 29, 2023, 02:46:56 AMNot sure if you know but we got a few IC vans in the yard being driven by pioneer drivers lol

Really? What the hell is that all about?

From what I heard he took on too many van runs and didn't have the vans to cover the work so he's renting them out from IC

PROUD MEMBER

If that is correct it just shows how much money he makes on each run if it's still profitable to rent vans but I don't think that's the case. How can he pick runs knowing he doesn't have the vans to cover them?

Buzz

Originally there were 20 summer van runs. We don't have 20 vans?

(I don't know)

Bussin4Livin

Well what other reason would there to be to have I wanna say maybe 4-5 IC vans being driven in and out of the pioneer yard by pioneer drivers

PROUD MEMBER

I don't know the exact number either but I'd say we have at least 35, probably more

Slowbus

This summer has been beautiful I pickEd a van run to have ac got an Ic van ,ac barely cools down the van ,the run originally had 4 kids in the same school then somebody added 2 more kids and another school also 1 of the kids have to be drop off at a different school in the pm very far from the first school+I have to pick up and drop off my secretary who lives on the other end of the island +getting 2 and 3 trips a week ,traffic is like I never seen before in the summer lots of construction everywhere.

PROUD MEMBER

For what it's worth.
Obviously all runs are subject to change, so there's basically nothing u can do. As far as the AC goes, if it's that bad write it up and tell Anthony and/or Hearns about it. With regards to ur "secretary" if it's really that far out of the way then the two of you should find a location that is reasonable for the both of you such as a train/bus stop. At least in the PM. In the AM on days that you have trips as long as you still have time to make it to the trip then bring her/him to wherever she/he has to go.
After all we are all Union brothers & sisters. Besides when you picked a Special Ed run I'm sure you thought about this ahead of time.

Buzz

This is why I got off special ed runs as soon as I could. They can  change WILDLY all of a sudden and the rendezvous with matrons (a.k.a. secretaries) can be a pain in the ass!

Buzz

Hearing from a fairly reliable source that the reason they needed to rent vans from IC is because they send many vans to the Bronx for the summer because they do a lot of camp work up there.

They know what they're doing. Ka-ching, ka-ching ... LOL.

PROUD MEMBER

Be nice
Also remember a lot of drivers that pick special ed whether a van or bus pick it for one reason. So they don't have to deal with the kids and those so called "pain in the ass" do!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 02, 2023, 03:26:20 AMBe nice
Also remember a lot of drivers that pick special ed whether a van or bus pick it for one reason. So they don't have to deal with the kids and those so called "pain in the ass" do!

Didn't call them a pain in the ass, I said the "rendezvous" ... meeting up with ... and dropping of for that matter ... is the PITA.

Although, the main reason I got off special ed as fast as I could is because the matron I had really was a fucking nightmare. (Could have gotten me fired.)

She'd smoke on the bus with kids aboard. Would have kids on the bus from IS 27 while waiting for IS 61 to get out ... and she'd send a couple across the street ... Brighton Ave ... to get her chips and soda. Would get mad when kids acted up and referred to them as the "N" word OUT LOUD ("These F'ing N's" ... really!). Wouldn't get off the bus with the kids .... one almost got his foot run over. Called a little Down syndrome girl ... who was never a problem ... "dipshit" (then wondered why her mother didn't give us anything for Christmas) ... I could go on and on.

No longer with us ... she quit. Tried to come back years later but they wouldn't take her.

I'd rather deal with the kids than chance getting another beast like her!

PROUD MEMBER

Ok, went back and read ur comment. I apologize.