School Bus Sanitization

Started by Golfnut, March 10, 2020, 06:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

Coronavirus: Here's how NYC school buses are being sanitized

Golfnut

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- All New York City school buses must be cleaned and disinfected twice every week to prevent coronavirus (COVID-19), according to guidance from education officials.

The New York City Department of Education (DOE) recently shared guidance that all school bus contractors must adopt cleaning and disinfecting procedures in all school bus vehicles. Beginning this week, contractors must begin disinfecting all exposed surfaces in their school bus vehicles every Monday and Thursday night using an effective anti-viral disinfecting product, according to the DOE.

School bus contractors are instructed to purchase EPA-registered anti-viral products that have an approved emerging viral pathogen claim for COVID-19 or a product with label claims against human coronavirus. All products are to be used according to label instructions.

*** CLICK HERE FOR COMPLETE COVERAGE OF CORONAVIRUS IN NEW YORK ***

Cleaning protocols for school bus contractors include:

-- Cleaning high-contact surfaces that are touched by many different people, such as handrails and doorknobs/handles

-- Dust - and wet-mopping vehicle floors

-- Removing trash

-- Wiping heat and air conditioner vents

-- Spot cleaning walls and seats

-- Dusting horizontal surfaces

-- Cleaning spills

All non-porous surfaces will be disinfected following cleaning product labels, the DOE said. Windows are to be kept open where practical to maximize airflow to ventilate school bus vehicles.

The interior of each vehicle must be cleaned and either swept or vacuumed thoroughly after each morning and evening route and/or at least once each day. The exterior of each vehicle must be washed at least weekly and must be maintained in as clean a conditional as possible -- weather and other conditions permitting.

According to the DOE, school bus drivers and attendants should approve and permit the use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers.

The DOE is enhancing certain protocols and providing additional resources to schools. That includes:

-- Increasing deep cleanings in schools to two times per week, disinfecting surface areas with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)-approved cleaning disinfectant.

-- Ensuring that all 1,800 schools have adequate hygiene and cleaning materials so that bathrooms are continuously stocked with soap and paper towels.

-- Confirming that COVID-19-related absences will not impact applications to middle or high schools for the current or the coming year.

-- Supplying all schools with face masks to be used if a student or staff member exhibits symptoms and requires isolation prior to transport to a doctor and/or testing.

-- Strongly encouraging students to take time for hand-washing, especially before meals; monitoring this and making changes as needed to ensure students have the time.

PROUD MEMBER

Rumor has it that a case of the virus is on Staten Island and also rumor has it that it is possibly a Pioneer employee

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Good info. What was the source, please?

Buzz

I heard that the guy who does the cleaning inside was boarding buses while getting fuel during the day and wiping the tops of the seats with ? ? ? something.

I guess this meets the criteria mentioned above.   ;D

Golfnut

Buzz, it is an article on SILive ..... that's where I pulled it from ...