I hesitate to ask this but ...

Started by Golfnut, December 02, 2020, 12:06:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

I have been looking for this answer and have not found it .. I am only asking because I can't find the answer .. If Schools are in the Orange or Red Zones will they still be opening up on the 7th ?

Hammer2161

That is the million dollar question. Based on the guidelines Cuomo put in place all faculty and students must get tested before entering their respective schools. They needed to be closed for 4 days as well but this week should cover that.
Dumblasio has also mandated that every child must submit a signed consent form concerning the random COVID testing before they can enter the schools.
Here's hoping they get that all worked out this week.

TheKid24

It really is a crazy situation. 99 percent of parents want their kids in school but how many will feel comfortable having their child get tested.

Also think of this logic. You get your kid tested today, results come back Thursday, you go to school Monday with the results, Friday-Sunday you still could have caught it.

yabba

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 02, 2020, 12:20:02 AM
It really is a crazy situation. 99 percent of parents want their kids in school but how many will feel comfortable having their child get tested.

Also think of this logic. You get your kid tested today, results come back Thursday, you go to school Monday with the results, Friday-Sunday you still could have caught it.

exactly   you can catch at the testing site.. none of this testing shit makes sense to me but thats me

OMG

:crazy: :crazy:I can't take this shit any more, I might just put my papers in

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on December 02, 2020, 12:06:38 AM
I have been looking for this answer and have not found it .. I am only asking because I can't find the answer .. If Schools are in the Orange or Red Zones will they still be opening up on the 7th ?

As long as they have the required amount of testing done I would assume they will.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: OMG on December 02, 2020, 01:02:03 AM
:crazy: :crazy:I can't take this shit any more, I might just put my papers in

i heard this from a few drivers in the past week...its scares me..

OMG

I mean seriously, how does the city expect to retain school bus drivers if we're going on unemployment every month or two?

Hammer2161

I am not so sure the city cares I would bet they feel that's more of the contractor's problem.

Listen it looks like things may start to change regarding the testing of children and staff and the positivity rate at which they would shut down the schools. If all that has put out there is true hopefully all of us will get back to work sooner than later and hopefully it will be for good this time. We need to stay strong for a short time longer and if all goes the way it appears we should be good.

Buzz

The way I see it, if they still go by the same individual school closing guidelines with the new testing requirements, there will probably be so many schools closed within 2 weeks that he might just close the whole system down again.

Click to enlarge ...

Hammer2161

Hey Buzz,
Is that recent ? Or is it the original guidelines ?
I for one do not see them doing that all over again. Dumblasio and the BOE should be sure to have a better plan this time because if not they suck even more than I thought they did. This is people's lives they are playing with.

Buzz

Original. "... if they still go by the same individual school closing guidelines ..."

I would think if it changed they would have already updated it as they have the guidelines for reopening in orange zones.

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/health-and-wellness/coronavirus-update

Hammer2161

This is ridiculous there is so much double talk and bullshit rhetoric being spewed by both Dumblasio and Cuomo that it's almost impossible to figure this shit out. They both need to stop the bullshit and put out guidelines they both agree on because as it stands it's set up to fail once again. Between the two of them I doubt they have the brains nor the balls they were born with.

All people involved in the NYC school system need something we can understand and believe in. From parents to children faculty and bus drivers and matrons we all deserve the same stability those two morons are afforded.

Hammer2161

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silive.com/education/2020/12/nyc-schools-to-reopen-next-week-8-key-questions-answered.html%3foutputType=amp

Well according to the article on SILive it seems Buzz you are correct. Dumblasio is intent on sticking to his original guidelines so I guess the roller coaster ride continues.

Hammer2161

Hey NUMBERS I sent you a few direct messages on here I am assuming you didn't see them.