Summer Runs

Started by Golfnut, June 23, 2021, 06:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

Any word on how many Summer Runs Yet ? 

Buzz

39 Special Ed so far. (19 Buses, 20 vans ... or vice versa).

Regular ed runs expected tomorrow ... estimated to be about 36 ... possibly more.

I'm told only 35 drivers signed up to work and about 14 matrons. The rest, in both cases, will be forced from the bottom up. So that'll be about 40 drivers and 25 matrons from the bottom required to work.

Don't want to work? No problem ... no unemployment and you're dropped from the company. If you're taken back in the fall, you go to the bottom of the list. Sorry, but that's the way it is. The work has to be covered.

There will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

TheKid24

When I got my card this morning I was told by Andy I MAYBE would have to work. If they need me I would get a call next week....I know first hand there are guys 5 numbers after me that were told they definitely are working when they got their cards this morning.

I heard the pick is likely going to be this Friday. I did sign the sheet to work but that still doesn't guarantee me to work. I'm guessing if I'm not told to go to the pick Friday then I won't be working unless I get a call next week

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on June 23, 2021, 10:13:22 PM
When I got my card this morning I was told by Andy I MAYBE would have to work. If they need me I would get a call next week....I know first hand there are guys 5 numbers after me that were told they definitely are working when they got their cards this morning.

You mean guys with less seniority were told they're working? I don't understand. If you are one of the 35 who signed up to work and there are about 75 runs, why would you not be definitely working?

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on June 23, 2021, 10:15:56 PM

You mean guys with less seniority were told they're working? I don't understand. If you are one of the 35 who signed up to work and there are about 75 runs, why would you not be definitely working?

I guess that was an interest sheet because when they go to that sheet they will ask if you still want to work or not is from what I gather.

Buzz

So did you get a run?

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on June 26, 2021, 03:01:27 AM

So did you get a run?

Lol yeah. I had to chance to pass actually but someone pulled me aside and said it's likely gonna fall back to you and you're gonna get a shit run or shape so pick something now and there was something somewhat decent for me to grab that was near my house. I'm looking at the positive that I can build up my unemployment rate my working. It's so dumb though that I start Friday and we are off till the 6th lol. Could be worse, I heard two drivers quit because they didn't want to work the summer

PROUD MEMBER

TheKid24
NEXT Sunday you can claim unemployment and say that you only worked 1 day.

TheKid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 26, 2021, 04:24:38 AM
TheKid24
NEXT Sunday you can claim unemployment and say that you only worked 1 day.

Yupp 😎

TheKid24

I gotta find out when we do our dry runs Tuesday or Wednesday if they are paying us for it too....

Buzz

Good for you. And I think they have to give you at least 4 hours for the dry runs.