New CDC Guidelines for Public Schools

Started by Golfnut, July 09, 2021, 06:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golfnut

Vaccinated Students, Teachers Don't Need Masks at School, CDC Says !! I am guessing that if we are fully vaccinated we won't have to wear a Mask either Thank God !!

PROUD MEMBER

That's what the CDC says but I'm sure the BOE (with the teachers Union) will have the final say.

Buzz

Hopefully the contingent of politicians and parents who are against continuing the mask mandate will prevail.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

steady

We are now just 3 weeks from the start of school and no info has come down as per mandatory vaccinations or testing.  Will we be subject to the same guidelines as the teachers.  As of now teachers must be vaccinated or be subject to weekly testing.  The FDA probably will come down with full approval this week as for the safety of these vaccines.  The Mayor will probably switch to having teachers being mandatory vaccinations only.  This is now the rule for New Jersey.  Many drivers have not been vaccinated.  There is a responsibility of management and union to be on top of this. Last minute notice creates chaos.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

Quote from: steady on August 22, 2021, 03:26:56 PM
  Many drivers have not been vaccinated.  There is a responsibility of management and union to be on top of this. Last minute notice creates chaos.

I don't know if the union would be in favor of forced vaccinations unless the DOE required it.

TheKid24

We are a private company, doesn't matter if teachers are
Mandatory to take the vaccine or a weekly test, all goes by what the owner wants us to do whether or not it's FDA approved. Pfizer is supposed to be FDA approved next Monday, same day as the AZ Audit results 🤣

faceit

No it's up to the DOE the owner is under contract
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on August 22, 2021, 07:39:46 PM
We are a private company, doesn't matter if teachers are
Mandatory to take the vaccine or a weekly test, all goes by what the owner wants us to do whether or not it's FDA approved.

You wrong, boy. Company does what DOE says it does.

TheKid24

School employees must have at least one shot by 9/27 according to ABC news today

Buzz

What makes me laugh is that kids and adults have been mingling all summer at crowded vacation areas, no masks, no vaccination checking. All of a sudden because it's school the mandates and bullshit start. smh

steady

We've always had vaccination mandates.  All children have to get vaccinated in order to attend school.  I was vaccinated back in the early 60's when medicine in my opinion was still ancient compared to today standards.  As children we didn't have a choice to say no and trusted our parents and medicine to make that choice. Today adults who have to make a choice for themselves
I believe are not trusting medicine which in fact today is far superior than 60 years ago.  Trust the technology and protect yourselves in turn protecting others. Again we've always had mandates

PROUD MEMBER

With regards to the vaccination I believe as usual the DOE hasn't even thought about school bus employees. I also believe that once the question is proposed to the mayor and or DOE that it will be mandated that all school bus employees get vaccinated. The reason being is that the DOE has already mandated that all community-based teachers for pre-K that are contracted by the DOE get vaccinated even though they do not actually work for the DOE. We fall under the same situation.

Buzz

This article says the opposite and specifically that the mandate does not include bus drivers.

"The mandate does not apply to school bus drivers. It also does not apply to staff who work in public pre-kindergarten programs that operate outside of education department buildings, which includes a majority of students in the city's universal pre-K programs.The mandate does not apply to school bus drivers. It also does not apply to staff who work in public pre-kindergarten programs that operate outside of education department buildings, which includes a majority of students in the city's universal pre-K programs."

https://ny.chalkbeat.org/2021/8/23/22637774/nyc-teacher-vaccine-mandate

If you have a source that shows otherwise, please post it. It could have changed.

steady

Good article.  Let's see what transpires in the next few weeks