An update

Started by Ernie, August 29, 2013, 11:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

I spoke to Buzz today concerning all the chatter about the next pick of runs. The decision of picking runs is between the BOE and the Union .It's agreed upon by both parties. I understand there are some who are upset already about a pick being Nov or Jan or Feb. At this point in time I don't have a definitive answer of when the pick will be, due to the enormous amount of layoffs that we have had. And I know that we are going to have a master pick. Also to all concerned we have much more fish to fry than worrying about a pick.

Now getting on to more positive news:
The federal Judge has ruled in favor of the Union, which means from this day forward we will revert back to the old contract. So when we start work in Sept of this year we will be back to the 7 ½ percent that was taken away from us. If any overtime is incurred will we be paid. All holidays will be paid. All overtime will be paid. Anyone working any school while the BOE is closed will go back to being an additional days pay. As far as our retro money that has not yet been decided at this point. We are still waiting for a ruling from the NLRB on the local side. I don't know how long that will take, however as always as soon as I know you all will know. The ruling has been posted on the 1181 site for all to read by our President Michael Cordiello.If there are any more questions please feel free to ask and I am more than happy to answer.
Respectfully Ernie

http://atu1181.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/FEDERAL-INJUNCTION-DECISION-08-29-2013.pdf

sbdriver1

That's great news but I don't mean to sound ignorant but does that mean we also get our vacation pay? Thanks for the ifo.

grimreaper

yabba

as always thanks Ernie,we are lucky to have you..ernie you have my vote in may if you decide to run for a posistion in the local,and we would be lucky to have you,and we definetly need you up there...

jerryr84

thank you Ernie. We all needed some good news- great job

sbdriver1

did the local announce who they were endorsing for mayor yet?

worker341

A job very well done Ernie and Andy. This job always was and always will be a Union job. Been here a long time the only way this Company and other Companies can and always will survive is with Loyal and hard working people like ourselves. Bottom line, No matter what anyone things about  Unions its the Unions that makes us all rich, you too Neil. God bless America and all the Unions in this Country. For the non believers, Research History and see what the working conditions and wages were without Unions. Amen!

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on August 30, 2013, 12:14:02 AM
That's great news but I don't mean to sound ignorant but does that mean we also get our vacation pay? Thanks for the ifo.

That would come under the heading of "retro money" so, as Ernie said, they're waiting for a decision on that.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

MSG

The union is continuing to gain ground on our behalf. We have not lost any decision in court up to this point. Our shop steward and our union officials have been telling everyone all along to to stay strong and united and we will win our battles in court which is exactly what's happening. We still have a few more bumps in the road ahead and I for one am confident that we will continue to overcome those obstacles. So please let's all stay the course and enjoy each and every victory as they come. Remember the wheels turn slowly but they are turning in our favor.

1union

Well said I am in god bless1181!

Kramer

GREAT NEWS ERNIE!  THANK YOU!

terminator

interman

Thanks Ernie, I have been in this industry over 20 years I just want to compliment Ernie and Andy for everthing that they are doing. I have been with a lot of companies but never had a shop steward and his assistant care so much for our well being. Again I thank you again Ernie And Andy

Buzz

Quote from: interman on August 30, 2013, 09:32:20 PM
Thanks Ernie, I have been in this industry over 20 years I just want to compliment Ernie and Andy for everthing that they are doing. I have been with a lot of companies but never had a shop steward and his assistant care so much for our well being. Again I thank you again Ernie And Andy

Glad you posted that. There are too many here who have only worked for Pioneer and take all Ernie and Andy do for granted. Ernie's shop steward's "pay" is laughable, and Andy gets nothing at all. Then again, you can't put a dollar amount on their level of caring and concern.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

is the coalition going to appeal this ruling?,,,,,