nlrb ruling is in

Started by yabba, September 21, 2013, 10:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

if you go to nlrb website the ruling came in yesterday....hard to understand all the wording but it seems to be in our favor...its under admist. law judge decision..and  all american school bus company...

sbdriver1

I BELIEVE YOU'RE RIGHT, We got our retro.

Buzz

Well, this paragraph certainly says what we want to hear ...

25    "Upon the Union's request, the Respondents shall be required to retroactively rescind all of
the unilateral changes made after March 19, 2013 and make their employees whole for all
monetary losses that they have incurred as a result of the unlawful unilateral changes..."

However, the contractors can ... and will ... appeal it. Do we get our money in the meanwhile? Too soon to tell ... our lawyers have not had time yet to evaluate the decision. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything.

http://mynlrb.nlrb.gov/link/document.aspx/09031d458141a189
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

sbdriver1

MSG

Another victory. Put it in the books!!!! The only thing left to do is to collect our money with interest as ordered by the NLRB. The "respondents" do have the right to appeal, but doing so will only further destroy their credibility and they will continue to lose what little, and I mean little, respect they may or may not still have.

sbdriver1

I agree MSG, It wont do them any good to appeal and to spend more money on lawyers to appeal this ruling. what they did was illegal and we all knew it. All that money that they held from us was in a bank collecting interest and now it's time to pay up.

Squid

I can't see him appealing. It will only cost him a lot of money for lawyers and its a lost cause.

Buzz

Correct me if I'm wrong, but so far I don't think they've won a single action that they've brought.

Any more bright ideas, Mr. Gatto?

Buzz

Quote from: Squid on September 22, 2013, 02:14:02 PM
I can't see him appealing. It will only cost him a lot of money for lawyers and its a lost cause.

From what I'm told, they've already said they would. Can't see them prevailing, though.

Grrr

Quote from: Squid on September 22, 2013, 02:14:02 PM

I overheard the lead lawyer for the coalition say that he was very happy with the billable hours and has decided to reward himself with this.

http://newimages.yachtworld.com/resize/1/4/33/3900433_20130430123049869_1_XLARGE.jpg?f=/1/4/33/3900433_20130430123049869_1_XLARGE.jpg&w=600&h=398&t=1367354739000

mirrorcheck

It would appear its time for the coalition to take down the circus tents and walk away from the show, its over! Stop paying your lawyers,give back to the workers that make your business run as well as it does. Its time to man up, show some respect and look at the big picture. Wonder if they get the message now? :))
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

yabba

im sure a coalition like this with all the money behind them the law team is on the payroll,probably wont cost them a dime to appeal,actually they probably be happy to see the lawyers work

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 22, 2013, 08:39:46 PM
im sure a coalition like this with all the money behind them the law team is on the payroll,probably wont cost them a dime to appeal,actually they probably be happy to see the lawyers work

I don't think their retainer covered the big guns they called in for this ... especially the guy from Cleveland.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on September 22, 2013, 11:07:21 PM
Quote from: yabba on September 22, 2013, 08:39:46 PM

I don't think their retainer covered the big guns they called in for this ... especially the guy from Cleveland.

big guns...lol..maybe they should try the appeal with a fresh out of law school lawyer.. :snicker: :snicker:

MSG

36 page document on the decision for the injunction by District Court Judge Matsumoto. 27 more pages on the NLRB's ruling on the appeal of the coalition. I read each and every page of them and was enlightened to the competent job our president and executive board did on our behalf, not only in negotiations but in the testimony they gave in each of these cases. Not to mention the many members  and shop stewards that took the time to file unfair labor practice charges and to follow up with testimony. Without this concerted effort we all would be up the creek without a paddle. I hope all of our members will take the time to go through these documents, although it's hard to follow sometimes, so all can understand and be enlightened as I was.