Very confusing predicament!

Started by OMG, September 14, 2020, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OMG

Very confusing predicament!, so here we are with the bus chart stating we only take upwards of 10 students. But if there are other students at other stops we have to take them, which would make the bus overcrowded. Now what about in the afternoon, many of the IS Buses already have sometimes over 40 kids, some 45 or 50. Now if half of those kids get on the bus in the afternoon, is that Safe distancing? Is that looking out for the safety of the children?  All I've been hearing until now is the board of Ed will not put the children at risk! Really ? Cluster Fuck !

sbdriver1

WigWag16

Quote from: OMG on September 14, 2020, 09:18:22 PM
Very confusing predicament!, so here we are with the bus chart stating we only take upwards of 10 students. But if there are other students at other stops we have to take them, which would make the bus overcrowded. Now what about in the afternoon, many of the IS Buses already have sometimes over 40 kids, some 45 or 50. Now if half of those kids get on the bus in the afternoon, is that Safe distancing? Is that looking out for the safety of the children?  All I've been hearing until now is the board of Ed will not put the children at risk! Really ? Cluster Fuck !

I asked Owen and he pretty much shunned me when I said what do we do if we have 24 kids that we pick up but can't space out

WigWag16

Quote from: sbdriver1 on September 14, 2020, 11:13:00 PM
What about our safety?

1) is anyone stopping at dead stops that they know are 1000000 percent dead on their run?

2) nothing was mentioned about OUR safety... if we need to wear a mask/shield? Nothing was mentioned about us cleaning/spraying down the bus after the AM and PM

3) what do we do if we run out of room the space how does the seating work then?

Buzz

It's absolute fucking lunacy. They're basically telling you, "Social distancing is required, unless you have more than 10 kids. In that case, fuck it."

Just un-fucking-believable!!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

Well they better give us an answer before Monday but I'm taking my ten and shut the door

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on September 15, 2020, 12:16:03 AM

It's absolute fucking lunacy. They're basically telling you, "Social distancing is required, unless you have more than 10 kids. In that case, fuck it."

Just un-fucking-believable!!

I guess at that point I would just say when you're passed ten tell them to sit next to someone that's at their stop but not on top of each other

hideout

Buzz can you check with Ernie over the amount of students allowed on the bus. Ernie was talking to a few drivers in the drivers room concerning this and stated NOT to take over 10 students. He said that he was going to put out something tonight to that effect. Can you check on that? Thanks!

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 15, 2020, 12:38:31 AM
    Buzz can you check with Ernie over the amount of students allowed on the bus. Ernie was talking to a few drivers in the drivers room concerning this and stated NOT to take over 10 students. He said that he was going to put out something tonight to that effect. Can you check on that? Thanks!

I know. He hasn't done that yet, but says he will get to it before the night is out.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 15, 2020, 12:32:41 AM
I guess at that point I would just say when you're passed ten tell them to sit next to someone that's at their stop but not on top of each other

Probably better to first put kids in rows that have nobody in them before having them sit together.

OMG

What if I'm at 10, and still have five stops left to go? Now I kind of understand the teachers, they have a point. What about our safety, they have no idea what they are doing.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 15, 2020, 12:38:31 AM

I did. He's going to hold off on putting anything out pending the results of conversations between companies, OPT, the union and their lawyers. Let you know what comes of it.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 15, 2020, 01:20:40 AM
What if I'm at 10, and still have five stops left to go? Now I kind of understand the teachers, they have a point. What about our safety, they have no idea what they are doing.

And it's not only our safety. What about the other kids on the bus whose parents assume are being socially distanced?

sbdriver1

I have kids on my bus that are going the full five days a week. I thought it was remote learning and Hybrid. I guess not for these kids.

faceit

Quote from: sbdriver1 on September 15, 2020, 01:53:49 AM
I have kids on my bus that are going the full five days a week. I thought it was remote learning and Hybrid. I guess not for these kids.
You don't know that yet
All lives matter