Pioneer e-mail

Started by OMG, November 07, 2020, 12:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OMG

So, if we get sick with the Covid virus and have to quarantine for two weeks, it Hass to come out of our accrual money? Seriously?

Golfnut

And if we leave our house we could be Terminated!

Buzz

Seems to me this would discourage people who test positive but are asymptomatic from reporting it. (But can still spread it.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

Well, if my symptoms are mild I'll be at work. I'm not losing my badly needed vacation money, it's not for sale.

yabba

the accural money we had to go to arbitration for... what a joke...      staten island at 4% yesterday.....not looking good

hognol

OMG

I'll be copy/pasting this email abroad.

Buzz

OMG

Wasn't sick days part of the proposal set forth by the union? What happened to that did it disappear up into the clouds?

hognol

I thought by law if we had to quarantine due to covid, we were to be paid. Now they're telling us it will be taken out of our accrual as per our CBA. Which is it?

hognol

Also, the senior guys do not have sick days, am I correct? So does this accrual money deduction only apply to those under the new contract?

yabba

Quote from: hognol on November 07, 2020, 03:00:35 PM
Also, the senior guys do not have sick days, am I correct? So does this accrual money deduction only apply to those under the new contract?

new hires do not get accural weeks but they do get the sick days... but who knows whats what..

OMG

No kidding around, I'm printing this email and sending it out to OPT and the DOE and telling them that bus drivers do not get sick days, and we are not giving up our much needed vacation pay. And if all we have is mild symptoms we're still going to work because we're not getting paid to stay home,. Enough is enough

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on November 07, 2020, 05:34:44 PM
No kidding around, I'm printing this email and sending it out to OPT and the DOE and telling them that bus drivers do not get sick days, and we are not giving up our much needed vacation pay. And if all we have is mild symptoms we're still going to work because we're not getting paid to stay home,. Enough is enough

That really wouldn't be advised All that would do is put us under a microscope. I hope you think better of that idea. What do you want them to do, come to the yard and test everybody?

Think!

OMG

No, maybe tell Neil, "What is this I hear that you are not paying your drivers matrons for staying home after catching the virus while they're on quarantine, I pay you pretty damn handsomely and you're getting pretty fat off the city."