Sooooo ... 22 kids per bus, now?

Started by Buzz, February 24, 2021, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

According to today's email ... "Buses transporting students will be limited to one student per seat. Students from the same household may be seated with each other, as well as nurses and paraprofessionals assigned to students."

Only 10% capacity in MSG, but this is safe???

(And the front seats are STILL going to be off limits in my bus.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

The email Kind of contradicts itself, they say 25%, then they say one student per seat. What is 25% of our capacity? Regardless, no one sits in the first two seats behind me

yabba

yes 22 seats is a 1/3   in old math... i guess the new common core math is 25%

TheKid24

Soooo the X and XX or circles mean shit now? Lol

sbdriver1

Those xs on the seats are a joke and never meant anything

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on February 24, 2021, 10:43:37 PM
yes 22 seats is a 1/3   in old math... i guess the new common core math is 25%

Or 50% of adult [read: junior high] capacity.

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on February 24, 2021, 10:30:04 PM
The email Kind of contradicts itself, they say 25%, then they say one student per seat. What is 25% of our capacity? Regardless, no one sits in the first two seats behind me

I think you're reading it wrong.

"The Office of Pupil Transportation has updated the guidelines with regard to transporting students from 25% capacity as follows:"

But it was poor wording.

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/transportation/transportation-overview/whats-new

OMG

" if students are at the stop and they have facemasks we are required to let them board to avoid overcrowding". Why, they can't social distance outside on a corner of a street?. If we let more kids on the bus the overcrowding will take place on the bus, you're freaking idiots!