Furlough

Started by Eucerin, November 20, 2020, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 22, 2020, 05:42:34 PM
Hey Buzz, quick question are the matrons also going to be allowed to pick off junior matrons temporarily ? I would guess the answer is yes but just figured I would ask.

Of course. (But a lot of them don't really want to work anyway ... LOL)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 22, 2020, 10:38:39 PMNo one (and when I say no one I mean our Union or Pioneer) has told us whether or not we will continue to have our Medical Benefits on December 1st and going forward assuming public schools are still closed at that time.

Wouldn't hold my breath and I've explained several times why, but I'd have to assume that no news is good news and the company would send us an email in the event our coverage ceases.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 22, 2020, 08:14:12 PM
people need to wake up and start taking this virus seriously.... >:( >:( >:(

Yes, it's serious, but these total shut-downs of schools and businesses are bullshit! If it worked the first time there wouldn't be a second time. Infection rate doesn't matter. Death rate is down to .65% ... far lower than seasonal flu.

Hammer2161

Actually Buzz seasonal flu has a death rate of 0.1 percent the current death rate of covid is 0.65 percent. Which still makes it 6 and a 1/2 times more deadly. Just fact checking for you lol  :)) :))

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 24, 2020, 09:08:42 AM
Actually Buzz seasonal flu has a death rate of 0.1 percent the current death rate of covid is 0.65 percent. Which still makes it 6 and a 1/2 times more deadly. Just fact checking for you lol  :)) :))

Really? Somebody should tell the CDC.

Click to enlarge ...

PROUD MEMBER

Well I'm not going to hold my breath but I did ask a Union Rep this morning and I was told that if we are furloughed we will keep our benefits until we return to work. So now it's a wait for the official email from Pioneer.

wheresmymoney!

that makes me feel better.  some of us have issues the medical is very important and its not so easy to get new benefits especially for family coverage and preexisting medical issues. 

Hammer2161

Buzz not really sure what that chart shows other than influenza data. But since 2010 the yearly death rate from the flu had varied from 12000 to 61000 in the United States.
So far over 258000 people have died of covid and the year is not over yet.

PROUD MEMBER

Hammer of course the numbers you state are fact but many of these deaths in the past year are considered Covid-19 deaths and in my opinion shouldn't have been. I'm sure in 2018 there were many that had contracted the Flu and died of a heart attack and the cause of death was officially a heart attack whereas in 2020 with the same scenario the person who died would have been considered a Covid-19 death and not a heart attack. Obviously COVID-19 is a real thing but I do believe that SOME of the numbers with regards to the death rate are being manipulated due to political and monetary reasons.

Hammer2161

To both PROUD MEMBER AND BUZZ,

I totally agree that the numbers are a bit misleading mainly because it appears a hang nail is covid related. Just kidding but yes I get what you both are saying. But what I don't understand is people's unwillingness to wear a mask and to keep their distance when out and about.
With everything we as a country have had to endure is the past several years why do we draw the line at wearing a mask ? Just doesn't make sense.
Wether we believe the numbers or we don't this virus is very serious and it deserves our due diligence so that we can keep ourselves and others safe.

J.T.

That would be disgusting again if they take away our benefits shame on Neil , we all need our benefits  >:( >:( :o

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on November 24, 2020, 01:50:00 PM
But what I don't understand is people's unwillingness to wear a mask and to keep their distance when out and about.

Whoa! I'm not against masks or social distancing. I'm just saying there's no reason to shut every thing down. Keep schools and businesses open, but responsibly. If Walmart and Home Depot can operate that way there's no reason other places can't.

TheKid24

If the lockdowns worked the first time, why the need for a second ?

If the lockdowns didn't work the first time, why the need for a second ?

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 24, 2020, 03:06:14 PM
We getting a full pay check this Friday? Worked Monday-Thursday was Friday 100 percent for not going out ?

You get paid 100% for Monday - Wednesday if you worked, 85% if you didn't.

100% for Thursday if you're here at least a year.

100% for Friday if you're here 4 years or more. No answer yet if less than 4 years will get anything for Friday.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 24, 2020, 06:03:54 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 24, 2020, 03:06:14 PM
We getting a full pay check this Friday? Worked Monday-Thursday was Friday 100 percent for not going out ?

You get paid 100% for Monday - Wednesday if you worked, 85% if you didn't.

100% for Thursday if you're here at least a year.

100% for Friday if you're here 4 years or more. No answer yet if less than 4 years will get anything for Friday.

Sorry Buzz I meant the paycheck this week for last weeks work? Friday when we came in and just signed the card and left was that 100 percent or 85?