Pioneer Email - Routes Working 11/23

Started by Buzz, November 23, 2020, 12:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steady

Thanks Buzz.  It's a given that Neil would do a lot more if he could to maximize his profits.  It's good to know that union rules won't enable runs to be altered.  I have no doubt that my question didn't put any new ideas in Niels head.

PROUD MEMBER

Just to be clear. I wasn't saying that any question would be putting anything in Neil's mind. I'm sure Neil is ahead of us with everything and anything.

LMR

So when will we know definitely and for how long our medical will extend. I don't understand why it has to be so.                   
so vague.Surely it has already been discussed between management and the union.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 23, 2020, 07:19:42 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 23, 2020, 05:35:38 PM
Hey Buzz,

1) rumor was going around that we were being paid 85 percent this coming Friday after Thanksgiving then we weren't and then it was being discussed again.....anyone know whats going on with that?

2) will the company be paying those drivers 85 percent who had schools that were open this week but being bumped off by a senior driver or are we collecting unemployment next Sunday?

3) does anyone know if we are keeping our benefits if we are laid off AND are we responsible for the 85 dollars a week?

1) As of 10 minutes ago, still no answer on the 85% for Friday for new hires.

2) As Hammer said, everybody with non-public is on their own runs this week. Nobody should be claiming unemployment this Sunday. Everybody's getting paid something.

3) Supposed to be keeping benefits, all to be paid by employer. (But that's only as good as the city honoring their contract with the owners.)

all to be paid by boss...does that mean we not going to get a surprise 85.00 a week bill ,like the pensions back pay for may and june...

TheKid24

Are we gonna be notified if our run is taken next week? Or as they say handed down

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on November 23, 2020, 08:29:17 PM
So when will we know definitely and for how long our medical will extend. I don't understand why it has to be so.                   
so vague.Surely it has already been discussed between management and the union.

As of now, that's the way it stands. Neither the management nor the union can guarantee what the city might do in the future and that's what it all hinges on ... the city honoring their contract with the owners.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 23, 2020, 08:33:31 PM
all to be paid by boss...does that mean we not going to get a surprise 85.00 a week bill ,like the pensions back pay for may and june...

If everything goes the way it's supposed to, the company will pay all of our medical and pension out of the 43% ... but of course it's contingent upon the city actually paying the 43% to the contractors.

Remember what one of our drivers says: "Heyyyyyy, we got a good joooob."  ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 23, 2020, 08:40:18 PM
Are we gonna be notified if our run is taken next week? Or as they say handed down

I don't know if you're going to be notified by email or by Andrew or Anthony, but I'm pretty sure you'll have advance notice somehow. A furlough notice has to come from the company at some point.

But please note one distinction: Nobody's run is being "taken" per se. Those lower in seniority will be laid off according to how many drivers the company actually needs and the runs that are working will have to be covered by those with more seniority.

rc1790

South Shore designated orange zone. I don't think anyone will work any time soon. Says schools have to close 4 days in order to test.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on November 23, 2020, 09:00:06 PM
Quote from: yabba on November 23, 2020, 08:33:31 PM

If everything goes the way it's supposed to, the company will pay all of our medical and pension out of the 43% ... but of course it's contingent upon the city actually paying the 43% to the contractors.

Remember what one of our drivers says: "Heyyyyyy, we got a good joooob."  ;D ;D ;D

you got a gooooooddddd runnnnnn...  note it for the record...   ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

You're right.

Click to enlarge.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 23, 2020, 09:37:43 PM
you got a gooooooddddd runnnnnn...  note it for the record...   ;D ;D ;D

LOL ... My favorite line of his is: "We're just a number here ... nine ... not even ten." LMFAOOO!

yabba

the harbor and elm park just as high and they remain yellow... this is a mess...i dont know what the answer is anymore

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 23, 2020, 09:56:51 PM
the harbor and elm park just as high and they remain yellow... this is a mess...i dont know what the answer is anymore

Does anything dB or Cuomo do make sense? If other schools can re-open after testing, why doesn't the same apply to public schools? Fucked up!

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 23, 2020, 09:02:36 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 23, 2020, 08:40:18 PM

I don't know if you're going to be notified by email or by Andrew or Anthony, but I'm pretty sure you'll have advance notice somehow. A furlough notice has to come from the company at some point.

But please note one distinction: Nobody's run is being "taken" per se. Those lower in seniority will be laid off according to how many drivers the company actually needs and the runs that are working will have to be covered by those with more seniority.

And then I assume once public opens back up we get back to doing our regular runs?