Why the silence?

Started by John Eadicicco, July 23, 2013, 04:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

What gives? There was a scheduled NLRB Hearing for Monday July 22 and not One reported incident of progress or outcome of minutes of Meeting? 1181 is AGAIN selling the membership short!!!!!

faceit

not surprised John, I for one am getting sick of there shit.

Eucerin

I must be missing something...what is the problem with updating the membership via email or a simple statement listed on the Union web site, as to what, if any progress is taking place...come on is this an important issue or not?

yabba

i gave up totally on the whole thing..anything  1181 has to do with is screwy...im sure a ruling wasnt made yesterday but at least tell us something..also there is another court case next month so who the hell knows is all bs as far as im concerned,and the deal is made already either way its just how they going to spin it...

John Eadicicco

I planned on going to original hearing, but plans were dashed when it was postponed. Had a prior commitment so couldn't attend yesterday. This info from the hearing is no.1 as far as priorities go for 99% of the men and woman on our job! The locals (1181) lack of communication with it's rank and file is sickening. ALWAYS playing the waiting game. That doesn't cut it in business. A driver from Jaimaica, whose company lost their work and was forced into retirement, called me and needed answers. If he went on seniority list he would have been in the high 190's slot number with 20 1/2 yrs. working for 3 diff. Company over time.( The last company he worked for he had 17 yrs. and then picked a Bronx company. Fell to the bottom with all those years) You think he would be hired off master list???????????? I told him absolutely not! Just my opinion, and you know what that's worth!

fatmatt

He probably wont be hired for quite a long time. The companies stocked themseleves with 14.50 an hour workers and the union took them in in some cases a matter of days. They got 300 a head from all these new people and dident care about any master list. Those new people should not have been able to join the union
until the companies hired from the master list. Thats just not the way a union is supposed to operate.

Stugots

Fatmatt if this is true then the union has sold us out.  Aren't there any rules against doing something like that, or they just do what they want.  They are trying to get rid of all drivers with seniority.  Can they get away with this?   How can the President of the union do something like this.  It's a disgrace and he's still making over 200,000 a year.  They only care about themselves.  I guess the writing is on the wall.  I don't know why I'm shocked. 

John Eadicicco

Can anyone confirm if there is ongoing testimony in ref: NLRB case?

fatmatt

Stu Its true, in the bronx they have been hiring ever since we were on strike which also includes queens. Even the scabs that were working while we were on strike are working along side us and have joined the union. A lot of people got disgusted and retired and took the measly buy out. There was plenty of spaces to fill so they did it with the cheapies. Dont know that there is any law against it but the union did nothing about it.

Buzz

Quote from: John Eadicicco on July 24, 2013, 10:01:51 PM
Can anyone confirm if there is ongoing testimony in ref: NLRB case?

Yes, so far 3 days of testimony by Michael, Eddie, Ernie and Andy and our lawyers, among others ... including people from other companies. The defense hasn't had their turn yet. Wouldn't expect anything definitive to come from this ... most likely will be decided in federal court.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Stugots

Buzz, if it goes to Federal Court how long do you think it will take for a resolution. 

Buzz

Quote from: Stugots on July 25, 2013, 05:35:58 PM
Buzz, if it goes to Federal Court how long do you think it will take for a resolution.

I don't think anyone would hazard a guess on that one, Stu. The wheels of justice turn slowly. Sorry.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

faceit

All I know is if or when we win I want all my MONEY due to me in full "NO DEALS CORDIELLO IN FULL"