Strike: Vote Yes or No?

Started by Buzz, June 07, 2023, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 13, 2023, 10:50:37 PMTop pay 7 years
Family medical 1 year
2.25 2.25 2.5 for a total of 7% over the next 3 years
I'd be happy as opposed to a Strike (if need be).

Need guaranteed weeks in there....those 2-3 day pay checks aren't cutting it anymore

Buzz

QuoteAny idea how many SI Pioneer members didn't vote

Well, adding up the 294 - YES, 68 - NO, 1 - VOID that did equals 363 that did vote. I don't know how many we are overall so I don't know how many didn't.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

We have to be realistic about what to expect. Yes we'd all like to see nice raises and we will get some kind of raise whether it's what we expect or not.

And I really HOPE that new guys at least get guaranteed weeks. Shorter wait times for health coverage certainly makes sense, as does shorter time to top pay. Will we get that? Who knows.

As with every contract negotiation, the union asks for "everything" and the owners offer almost nothing. Generally they meet somewhere in the middle. To expect to get "everything" back is only wishful thinking.

Sorry to say, but I can almost guarantee that those hired since 2013 will never see summer accrual. I'd love to be wrong about this.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Bussin4Livin

I will 100 percent be fine with giving us top pay cut in half with guaranteed weeks. Won't hear me complain