More Bad News ... Fucking Cuomo!

Started by Buzz, August 21, 2020, 03:25:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

so much for executive order.. the world is laughing at us..  the dems will do anything to destroy our president

hideout

What kind of person would not allow people, not working in a pandemic, not to collect an extra payment paid for by the federal government all because of self loathing political reasons. Not ready to retire just yet but when I do I am out of radical left state. Tired of getting shit on no matter what you do or how hard you try.

wheresmymoney!

Its a disgrace!! Pres couldn't get it done the other aholes only care about the post office.  Noones gonna win my vote!

Hammer2161

Maybe they should just concentrate more on passing another stimulus package than requiring states to cover 25 percent of the amount offered. The unfortunate truth is many states won't be able to cover that money at all. The unemployment rate as a country is outrageous and with that many less people paying into an already strapped system how the fuck are we going to pull it off. We already know they are basically printing money we don't have as a country so fuck it just print some more. Otherwise as a country we are in a lot of trouble. I won't profess to know the answer but I do know all of our politicians are unfortunately failing us as a country.

fred

Cuomo has agreed to ask for the extra 300 from the federal government will be in the daily news tomorrow

Eucerin

Thanks Fred for the update and ray of hope

Buzz

Quote from: fred on August 22, 2020, 04:43:41 AM
Cuomo has agreed to ask for the extra 300 from the federal government will be in the daily news tomorrow

You're right, Fred, thanks for the heads up. I didn't find in in the Daily News but I did find it in Newsday. However, according to this, it will only last 4 - 5 weeks.
https://www.newsday.com/news/health/coronavirus/unemployment-benefits-cuomo-trump-1.48381257

This article says it will be retroactive.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2020/08/21/when-will-the-extra-300-400-unemployment-start-unemployment-benefits/3386453001/

Hammer2161

At this point something is better than nothing. Now we just have to hope it doesn't take to long to implement. Maybe and just maybe it's a ray of sunshine on what has been a gloomy week.

yabba

hopefully its from 8-1-20 like trump originally signed it for...

Hammer2161

Let's just hope it happens, would be great if they back date it. But again let's just hope it happens at all. If I have read it right it's not a permanent thing either it's only good for I think 4 to 6 weeks. But at this point for many anything will help. Keep your fingers crossed.

yabba

i read the same thing...trump made it sund it would be good thru 12-6-2020..but they say they is a money limit built  into the bill which will be exhausted before the expiration..lets see what side is right  .. like you said lets hope we get a few weeks at least...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 22, 2020, 04:31:22 PM
i read the same thing...trump made it sund it would be good thru 12-6-2020..but they say they is a money limit built  into the bill which will be exhausted before the expiration..lets see what side is right  .. like you said lets hope we get a few weeks at least...

Actually, "not later than" 12-6 ... or until it reaches $25 billion ... or until legislation is enacted by congress. It will run out of money long before 12-6 or before our dysfunctional congress does anything.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/memorandum-authorizing-needs-assistance-program-major-disaster-declarations-related-coronavirus-disease-2019/

yabba

Pelosi is on tv now saving the post office....  listening to her i want and need what she is drinking..

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 22, 2020, 06:18:16 PM
Pelosi is on tv now saving the post office....  listening to her i want and need what she is drinking..

I give you credit. I can't listen to her for 15 seconds without throwing up in my mouth.