About OUR Runs

Started by Buzz, August 29, 2020, 12:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Just heard from Ernie. He was informed that Pioneer (S.I.) does not yet have the runs because OPT does not have them ready. They should be ready by Tuesday, if not sooner.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 29, 2020, 12:39:46 AM

Just heard from Ernie. He was informed that Pioneer (S.I.) does not yet have the runs because OPT does not have them ready. They should be ready by Tuesday, if not sooner.

Perfect, hopefully by Wednesday they call us with the runs

LMR

Eucerin

I have to ask, how many runs? Special Ed and General Ed Runs; or is this for Special Ed only? This has been the biggest question, all along for me.  There should be an educated guess, as to our outcome.

steady

I'm not expecting a pick before the start of the school year whenever that may be.  I can't see how a pick would be possible unless it would be posted online (very unlikely). I'm expecting to be told to start with our existing run we had last March. We've done this several times in the past.

Hammer2161

Honestly I think a pick is the least of our worries. But I doubt you will see a pick at all this year. Let's all just hope we get back to work. The BOE is not going to be tasked with creating new runs at this point. I think most if not all of us would agree we would rather work then worry about a pick.

KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED !!!!

Eucerin

Not concerned with the pick either...looking to see if there is a run to do for general ed

OMG

There will be a pic if there's not enough runs for everybody, and if there is only special ed work and not enough to go around. This came up at my meeting amongst a few of the top drivers.

Hammer2161

If all runs come back I doubt there will be a pick. The only scenario in which I can foresee a pick is if there is not enough work for everyone. Otherwise the obvious concerns will make a pick almost an impossibility. The way I read the letter posted from Consolidated the drivers and matrons were picking up their respective runs. It said nothing about a pick. There simply is not enough time for a pick.

OMG

Correct, if all our work comes back there is no reason for a pic. We just go back on the runs we had in March. But the letter from consolidated only mentioned special ed, and that the matrons and drivers go back on the runs they had. But if We don't get all our runs back that we had in March, there will have to be a pick. We can only hope we get them all back

OMG

Listen, why don't we give it a rest for the weekend, just relax a little bit and spend some time with our families. I honestly believe Ernie and the rest of the executive board are doing everything they can to get us all back to work. There's no doubt in my mind! As soon as any information gets to them they will get it out to us.

wheresmymoney!

Can I just ask if there are say like 100 runs for special ed and thats all we get for now. That means they use us based on our seniority? So the top 100 on the totem pole get called first. And the rest of us have to wait til more work comes in?

OMG

I believe so, it will go according to seniority.

hognol

Quote from: OMG on August 29, 2020, 05:25:12 PM
Listen, why don't we give it a rest for the weekend, just relax a little bit and spend some time with our families. I honestly believe Ernie and the rest of the executive board are doing everything they can to get us all back to work. There's no doubt in my mind! As soon as any information gets to them they will get it out to us.
I've been spending time with my family since March 16th, that's why I'm not relaxed. :o

fred

maybe it could be done the way the summer work is done. that way a driver with 40 years on who doesn't feel save isn't forced to work. this could also help a driver who is financially in need and feels save enough to work the option