Pick

Started by Goose623, October 06, 2015, 05:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose623

When is the pick?? Been long enough..

Squid

I don't know but probably like last year. Pick in November and go on new runs right after Thanksgiving

4real

Is it true Catholic schools open spring break?

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

4real

TY Buzz... and of course its @ 4 hours extra pay not 8 right? :thumbdown:

Buzz

Quote from: 4real on October 08, 2015, 02:35:16 PM
TY Buzz... and of course its @ 4 hours extra pay not 8 right? :thumbdown:

Yes, and unfortunately that is apparently not going to change, even with a new contract. (A pet peeve of mine!)

4real

I see alot of people getting off catholic school runs this next pick...

Rock Steady

Really Buzz ? Getting an additional 4 or 8 hours for a day you already get paid for is a Pet Peeve of yours ? At least your still  getting paid for the day, it might not be a double day, but your still getting paid.  Listen, this is my Pet Peeve. The Paid Sick Leave Act is an actual written law. Giving all city workers some sort of paid sick days off. ITS A LAW ! WE QUALIFY, WE ARE ENTITLED ! WE MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS !  I cant believe the Union wouldn't want to take advantage of this after all the greedy contractors put us through and have taken from us and are still taking.  We finally have a chance.  We have been and are still getting our asses handed to us by OPT, The BOE, Inspectors, Management (OWEN), etc. Listen, its even gotten to the point where we don't even have a pick. And if we do, what's the difference. The Board adds schools and stops to senior drivers and the Union does nothing. Where is the support, where is the representation . . . . no where.  Our Union Guys get sick days and personal days and are making 3 figures. I'm tired of hearing the Union saying, "we're working on it", meaning the cost of violations, excessive discipline from management, etc. years later its still 200.00 for an average violation. They're working on it. So with Sick Leave Act many of us thought we would final get a little something our way. and from what I'm hearing the Union is bargaining that away. And its an actual written law.  Sorry, just venting. Once again this is my Pet Peeve.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on October 12, 2015, 05:24:22 AM
Really Buzz ? Getting an additional 4 or 8 hours for a day you already get paid for is a Pet Peeve of yours ?

Yes, really. If we're not getting back what we already had, we can pretty much forget about gaining anything.

(Not going to have the "entitled" debate again except to say that you are entitled to your pet peeve, and I to mine.)

Grrr

"Yes, really. If we're not getting back what we already had, we can pretty much forget about gaining anything."

"Yes, and unfortunately that is apparently not going to change, even with a new contract."

"We may be "moving forward" from where we are, but not from where we were."

"Also, it's already clear we're not getting back everything we lost.'

I'm starting to sense a problem with negotiations.