UBER

Started by Stugots, May 10, 2016, 10:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

Another great job by 1181.  Machinists union got the Uber Drivers.  Organizers making big money, like Michael's brother, but they get part time drivers on Long Island who don't contribute to the pension and medical.  Look on 1181 website on the bottom about trying to organize the Uber Drivers.   

John Eadicicco

Why should that be a surprise to anyone. Right after the strike I asked Cordiello if he was concerned about 1181 companies losing their bids to non union companies? His response......................we will just organize the new companies....................basically screw the former 1181 drivers out of work!!!!!!!!What amazes me is the fact that people swallow the propaganda that 1181 feeds to it's members. There are still 1181 drivers who did not return to work! Why?       they were told during the master pick that if they refused to pick a non 1181 company to go back to work then they were to be taken off the master list!!!!!GREAT UNION PROTECTION!!!!!

24yrs1181

Rock Tavern, NY - The men and women who transport schoolchildren for Student Transportation of America (STA) in Middletown, have voted 56-47 to join Teamsters Local 445 in Rock Tavern. The organizing campaign was met with resistance from the company, but the drivers persevered and won a hard fought battle with STA. The workers gained not only a pay raise but also improved working conditions. There are 110 drivers in the bargaining unit.
"My co-workers and I united for the ability to negotiate a contract that guarantees accountability from STA," said Hector Cruz, a driver with STA in Middletown. "The lack of respect from management must stop. As Teamsters, we will gain a contract to ensure that we have fairness, safety and respect throughout our workplace."
Sue Maxwell, another driver with STA in Middletown, and one of the leaders of the organizing committee, said, "We stayed united in the face of tough opposition from STA management. We needed our concerns addressed, and to put an end to favoritism and protect seniority."
The victory in Middletown marks a significant win for IBT's national organizing program. The Teamsters' Drive Up Standards campaign is a global initiative to improve safety, service and work standards in the private school bus and transit industry. Since the campaign began in 2006, more than 38,600 drivers, monitors, aides, attendants and mechanics have become Teamsters.
"We're proud to welcome these workers into the Teamster family," said Lori Polesel, Local 445 business agent. "The strength and unity they have displayed throughout their organizing campaign to gain respect in their workplace shows they will be strong union members with the ability to secure a strong contract."

Its not just the loss of Uber , Upstate, downstate, the 5 boroughs and Long Island our 1181 Transportation union is not taken seriously , not for the issues of past corruption, not for the issues of voter fraud, not for the issue of sending their membership out on a useless ineffective laughable strike, the reason that they are not getting any respect at the voting booths and the ballot boxes of bus company's employees who are choosing which transportation union to lead them into their future

THE REASON IS BECAUSE TIME AND TIME AGAIN THEY THROW THEIR MEMBERSHIP UNDER THE BUS, THE REASON IS THAT MICHAEL CORDIELLO , OUR CURRENT PRESIDENT , HAS THE LABEL OF BEING THE BUS COMPANIES OWNERS BEST FRIEND, THE END RESULT HAS BEEN THAT WE WENT FROM THE INDUSTRY LEADERS TO THE TRANSPORTATION LOCAL TO STAY FAR AWAY FROM, THIS LACK OF HONEST ,SINCERE , LOYAL , TRANSPARENT EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP WILL ULTIMATELY KILL OUR LOCAL . WE , BECAUSE OF THIS BLIGHT , ARE LOOSING THOUSANDS OF NEW DUES PAYING MEMBERS EVERY YEAR TO OTHER UNIONS , MEMBERS THAT WOULD HAVE ULTIMATELY CONTRIBUTED TO OUR DWINDLING PENSION FUND , MEMBERS THAT WOULD HAVE ADDED TO OUR MEDICAL PLAN RESULTING IN RATE REDUCTIONS ACROSS THE BOARD FOR ALL OF US , WE ARE GETTING WEAKER WHILE THE OTHER TRANSPORTATION UNIONS ARE GETTING STRONGER , WE WILL NEVER DRAW OTHER BUS COMPANIES TO OUR UNION WITH THE GARBAGE LEADERSHIP WE HAVE , AND THIS IS NOT JUST ME SAYING THIS IT IS BEING SAID BY THE. BALLOT BOXES OF ALL THE BUS COMPANIES , VOTERS THAT WILL NOT TRUST THEIR FUTURE TO THE PRESENT LEADERSHIP AT THE A.T. U. LOCAL 1181, AND WHY SHOULD THEY , THE LEADERSHIP THAT NOW. HAS THE " INDUSTRY WIDE REPUTATION OF WEAK , INEFFECTIVE , PRO CONTRACTOR REPRESENTATION. " INSTEAD OF OUR UNION TRYING TO ORGANIZE OTHER MEMBERSHIPS IT WILL TURN AROUND ON US AND SOON THE LIONS OF OTHER UNIONS WILL BE AT OUR GATE LOOKING TO PICK US APART.

Goose623

So John what is the answer?? Honestly I don't know what to think anymore.. I don't believe the Salerno slate is the answer. N I do believe it's time for Cordiello to go away. I have stated in the past I believe we should join the teamsters. It is a joke what is going on at pioneer.

gigi11744

He doesn't have an answer, just complaints