Promotion

Started by Ernie, August 09, 2016, 11:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

To All My Brothers and Sisters in Pioneer.

At some point in our careers, all workers consider having a promotion acknowledging their effort and efficiency at work. When workers learn the good news that they will be promoted to a new and exciting position within a company, they feel a mixture of emotion, satisfaction and pride.  I wish to express the pride and excitement I feel this day as I move to a new chapter in my life in this industry.

I gratefully and humbly accept this new challenge and promise to all my Brothers and Sisters of Pioneer I will not let you down but will always be there to support and defend or to just hear your concerns of any issues or problems you have.

I feel my effort in these last 10 years of being your Shop Stewart has had positive and satisfactory results for all the members of Pioneer I did my best to represent each and every one of you the best I could. Your worries and concerns were my worries and concerns. My promise to you all then and is now is that I will do my best to continue to represent each of you with professionalism and consideration as the hard workers you all are.

Over the years I have developed a professional relationship with many of the hard workers in Pioneer and have over time became good friends with many of you. I have shared laughs and shared sighs with many of my co workers, in good times and bad. My hope is to remain friends with you all and will do my best to keep you all updated with issues of 1181, as always your voices need to be heard. My hopes and wishes now are to be a positive Delegate to make you all proud to be 1181.I am confident in my ability not to let any of you down and strive to work harder for you all.

I ask you all to give your new Shop Steward Andy  the courtesy and respect you all have given to me over the years. He is good at what he does and will strive to do the right thing by each and every one of you.
And in closing, just so you all know. I will not be that far away. I will be the Delegate for Staten Island, so I am only a phone call away.

Before I move on to my next journey as Delegate of 1181 I will see you all at the safety classes.

Thank you always
Ernie

Air_Brakes

Allow me to be the first on this site to say congratulations and thank you.  Our loss is definitely their gain.  You are a straight shooter and people should not ask for more.  Good luck in your new life chapter and please don't forget that you will always be a Pioneer friend.   :wave:

Buzz

Well, Ern, this news comes as no surprise. Nobody has worked harder or is more deserving of this step up. There have been many times you have been called on to do the work of a delegate at other yards, it's about time you get the recognition (and pay) of actually being one.

Still, it is not without a sense sadness that I congratulate you. Your name is synonymous with Pioneer and it just won't be the same without having you around on a daily basis. I know you will only be "a phone call away," but that in itself indicates distance and separation.

There has been more than one occasion on which we have locked horns and would have sounded like mortal enemies to any passers by. And there may be some such instances in the future. But, we have long had a bond that transcended any differences and our friendship and mutual respect have always remained intact, and always will.

Your participation on the executive board will definitely be to its credit. I have no doubt that you will be the hardest working and most effective delegate this local has ever known. I hope the "sacrifice" we have made in giving you up is as appreciated by those you serve as you have been appreciated here. Best wishes, my friend.

--Barry
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

LMR

Congratulations ERNIE !! You are totally deserving of this position and although it's good to know you will be fighting for us at a higher level your service will be greatly missed at Pioneer.Thanks for all you do my brother and God bless you

Goose623

Congrats.. Well deserved. Who will be taking Andrews positions?

interman

Congratulations Ernie, well deserved promotion lots of luck👍🇺🇸

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on August 10, 2016, 06:40:23 AM
Congrats.. Well deserved. Who will be taking Andrews positions?

I believe that will be Anthony.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Grrr

interman

Congratulations to you to Anthony.