Atlantic

Started by Goose623, November 09, 2013, 03:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goose623

Guy I know has worked for Atlantic 1181 for 30 years got a letter today saying he is being let go... Has anyone else heard this.. or know what's going on???

gigi11744

i know some drivers there they didnt mention anything... prob started by gatto... but ill make a call and repost

interman

Spoke to my friend who works for Atlantic and he is getting layed off as of December 31 St, he told me there getting rid of surf ave yard so it must be true.

gigi11744

Seems a company called Wayzata Investment Partners has purchaced 60% of Amboy Bus... They specialize on buying companies in distress and  try and make them profitable..Atlantic Express has sent out letters to all their employees telling them as of 12/31/13 they will be out of work unless they can come up with 40 million dolllars in savings..Now can this happen You tell me as they are still under contract with D.O.E  untill 2015...Not sure but this might pertain to Super Storm Sandy and his loss at Surf Ave Yard and at North Street Yard and his law suit with insurance co.  or just a crook

sbdriver1

I work for AE, It's possible that it might be a ploy to get us to sign a contract. We'll wait and see.

gigi11744

They are already saying they don't have back pay money  ... very nice and 40million in savings also...   guess whos back thats going to fall on? I was always taught not to wish ill on someone but chubby is really pushing it... Good luck guys keep us posted