Can't be said enough: Check Your Bus CAREFULLY!

Started by Buzz, September 07, 2018, 10:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

We've heard of it happening in other boroughs and other companies. A kid left on the bus. Driver arrested and fired.

Now it's happened to one of us. The driver is on camera putting the sign in the back window and closing windows, yet, did not see the kid.

I think of a couple of times when I've found a jacket or sweatshirt on a seat in the morning that I did not notice the afternoon before. What if there had been a tiny kid in one of those pieces of clothing?

This driver has over 20 years in. Now his world is crumbling around him.

There but for the grace of God go us.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

GMC JOE

Very true and yes scary too that we could miss something, but hopefully not a child .
In God We Trust

Gary 209

Very TRUE Buzz, this could happen to everyone of us. MSG has been there for us! To mention a few things, he is our 1181 Credit Union Secretary, he has also been there All day and Every day for our Picks for years, he was one of our Captains during our strike doing more hours than required. MSG has given his UNPAID time and Energy in one way or another to EACH one of us without asking for anything in return! This is only a brief of what he has done for us and our union. It's time for EACH one of us to Pay him back in his time of need! I am going to set up a fund at both yards if its OK with Owen, to help him and his family financially for future expenses. No matter what your opinion is about what happen. It happened to one of us (and a Good Guy too, even though he's a METS fan) and it could happen to you too on any day! Lets not be cheap with your dollar, a $10 bill or more would be a reasonable request for MSG because he has been there for You if you realize it of not for many years....

Buzz

LMR

Excellent suggestion Gary and very appropriate.You can count me in as well.

Air_Brakes

MSG, we know you read this site.  We all support you because from what we hear, you attempted to do your job properly,  this was not done in a neglectful manner, and this could happen to any one of us.  Good luck, you're a good person.

Buzz

Somewhat encouraging: As of now, MSG has NOT been decertified nor terminated. He's suspended by OPT and awaiting a hearing. Hoping this bodes well for his future.

Buzz

It's payday ... how about coughing up a sawbuck for the collection jar for MSG. There is none at Sharrotts so please either stop by Arthur Kill Rd. on your way home or give it to Tony D.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 22, 2018, 12:29:22 PM
Or just put a collection jar at Sharrotts

Gary was only able to get one big water bottle. Anything smaller would be too easy to walk away with.

PROUD MEMBER