Good Friday

Started by gigi11744, November 05, 2013, 10:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

Help me out here... Good Friday is now (maybe)  in an unpaid week... as it is a holiday that we get paid for(i hope) how does this effect our unemployment?And do we still get the holiday pay for that day? Seems we are taking a hit here...Just wondering..Oh also my union contract book is a little dated  but it is listed as a holiday....Once again any imput on this.....

PROUD MEMBER

I would wait to the new contract offer is actually in your hand before I start asking questions
Once you got it read it thoroughly then direct any questions directly to Ernie.  Otherwise you may get 5 or10 different answers which none of which may be correct.

Rock Steady

. . . . . . . or you can just vote NO !

PROUD MEMBER

gigi11744

dont get me involved in this cat fight i just asked a question ....jeeeeeezz louise

PROUD MEMBER

Gigi there's no cat fight. You just asked a question and I just gave what I think is the best answer.

Buzz

Quote from: gigi11744 on November 05, 2013, 10:35:44 AM
Help me out here... Good Friday is now (maybe)  in an unpaid week... as it is a holiday that we get paid for(i hope) how does this effect our unemployment?And do we still get the holiday pay for that day? Seems we are taking a hit here...Just wondering..Oh also my union contract book is a little dated  but it is listed as a holiday....Once again any imput on this.....

As for whether we get paid for the holiday, Ernie did not have a definitive answer. If we do, and you're otherwise eligible for unemployment, you would have to say you did get holiday pay ... 1 day.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on November 05, 2013, 01:53:59 PM
. . . . . . . or you can just vote NO !

Uh, OK ... then what? Go on strike, or just work under whatever contract is imposed upon us ... as back in April?

yabba

when are we seeing this all in writting.. :wave: :wave:

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 07, 2013, 05:30:03 PM
when are we seeing this all in writting.. :wave: :wave:

That's another question that can't be answered. In the hands of the lawyers now. The way I see it, the longer it's delayed, the better.

Whenever we do have it in writing, the suggested procedure for reading it is as follows:

1) Place contract summary flat on floor in front of you.
2) Drop pants.
3) Reach over and grasp ankles firmly.
4) Hold on tight!! Read it and weep.  :'(

Rock Steady

. . . . .or you can just vote NO !  I'd rather stand up straight and tall and vote NO instead of grabbing my ankles while bending over and holding on tight.  Where's your self respect and dignity ? Go Down With A Fight

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on November 08, 2013, 01:33:16 AM
. . . . .or you can just vote NO !  I'd rather stand up straight and tall and vote NO instead of grabbing my ankles while bending over and holding on tight.  Where's your self respect and dignity ? Go Down With A Fight

I'll ask you again ... Vote "No" ... then what? Go on strike or work under whatever contract is imposed on us that would surely be worse than the one we're offered. What is the course of action following the "No" vote?

gigi11744

Sorry  guy no vote is not coming from me again.. wife needs the meds ..not undertaker... tried to get get cobra last time they never cancelled insurance they just suspended payments ...catch 22   sorry

Rock Steady

Your taking it the wrong way . . . . I'm not advocating a YES vote nor am I advocating a NO vote !  If people feel they're getting screwed by not getting paid for Good Friday, or if you have to reach for their ankles and bite their bottom lip for a good stiff one,  Then go ahead and vote NO and stop griping about it.  It's getting worse out there for us, more people are gonna lose their jobs, there really is only one way to vote, but I will not try to influence any one to vote a certain way, it needs to be democratic.   Each side has a valid point !  And BUZZ, if you have his or her name, BROADCAST IT !   he or she crossed the line !