Wage Adjustment Checks / Next Week's Pay

Started by Buzz, April 15, 2011, 12:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

The Wage Adjustment checks will be available tomorrow, the 15th. They will be CHECKS, not direct deposit.

People working next week will receive ONE day's pay for each day worked. That will be paid the week we come back in a check separate from our regular paycheck.

If you are not working you should claim unemployment on Easter Sunday ... however, if you have to open a new book do it on Monday, the 18th (or certainly before Good Friday).

On the topic of the wage adjustment, there has been some discussion as to whether guys who have retired during the past months are entitled to the Easter Adjustment. The answer is "No." It is not an "accrual" as is the payment we get in June. They do get a pro-rated portion of the summer accrual.

They do not get the Easter Wage Adjustment because it is not an accrual. It is intended to compensate for the "limited work year" as stated in the contract. If someone has retired, they are no longer subject to a "limited work year" ... they no longer work.

Also, the contract states that it is to be paid "in addition to regular wages." If someone is no longer working here, there are no "regular wages" and there is nothing to be added.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

How would you know if you have to open a new book?

hognol

And can you open a new book online before you actually claim for benifits?

Buzz

@ hognol: Log in to unemployment and click "View Payment History." It will show your "BYE" or Benefit Year Ending date. If it gives you the option to "Claim Weekly Benefits" when you log in, you have an open book and would just make a claim on Easter Sunday. If you only see an option to file a claim, your book has already expired and you need to open a new one ... on Monday, the 18th.

I don't really understand your second question. You can only file a claim if you have a book open.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.