Make less than $405 last week?

Started by Buzz, July 03, 2011, 06:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

If you made less than $405 for this past Monday and Tuesday don't forget to claim unemployment today (through Saturday).

If you had to open a new book I hope you did it before today.  :'(
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Manwithabus

Buzz, what if I made more than $405.  Any idea when I can pick up my check for the 2 days I worked?  Thanks.

Manwithabus

Sorry, I need to clarify my last post.  What I meant was what day do I claim?  I have an open book, but it expires this month. Also, when can we pick up our paycheck for the last  2 days of school?  Thanks, sorry for the confusion.

Tommy Gall

I read somewhere on this site that Steve will have our checks on friday in the shop..  Also I just claimed unemployment for 2 days worked and earning less than $405.  Do what you normally do with those two exceptions and you should be fine.

Buzz

Quote from: Manwithabus on July 04, 2011, 01:10:50 AM
Sorry, I need to clarify my last post.  What I meant was what day do I claim?  I have an open book, but it expires this month. Also, when can we pick up our paycheck for the last  2 days of school?  Thanks, sorry for the confusion.
If you made less than $405 (gross) for Monday and Tuesday you can claim today, 7/3 through Saturday, 7/9.

You can pick up your paycheck for the 2 days on Friday from Steve.

Fed Up

If you made less than 405 but more than what unemployment pays  Do you still claim? :crazy:

hognol

How do you open a new book online?  I expired on 7/3/11, I also claimed for benefits online on 7/3/11 and I answered a bunch of questions.  Is this the same as opening a new book?  I am confused.

Buzz

Log in on this page https://ui.labor.state.ny.us/UBC/home.do ... then it will ask you for your pin number. After that it will bring you to a page where you can choose to open a new book. If your book is still open, you will not see that option. If you do not have an open book, you will not see the option to claim weekly benefits.

When you say you answered a bunch of questions, do you mean like 8 or 10 ... or pages and pages with your name, address, employer etc., etc.?

(The link above is always on the bottom of the 1181drivers.com Homepage)

Fed Up

If you made less than 405 but more than what unemployment pays  Do you still claim?  This a real question

Buzz

Quote from: Fed Up on July 05, 2011, 01:41:17 AM
If you made less than 405 but more than what unemployment pays  Do you still claim?  This a real question

Yes, as long as you grossed less than $405 you can claim. Having worked 2 days, you will get half of what you usually get from unemployment. Just be sure to indicate that you worked 2 days.

Fed Up

Quote from: Buzz on July 05, 2011, 05:12:27 AM
Quote from: Fed Up on July 05, 2011, 01:41:17 AM

Yes, as long as you grossed less than $405 you can claim. Having worked 2 days, you will get half of what you usually get from unemployment. Just be sure to indicate that you worked 2 days.

Thanks for the info  your always helpful

hognol

Buzz,
I first answered 8-10 questions.  The following day, I went to the tab as if I were filing all over again and answered quite a few pages of questions.  It said at the end, to call on Wednesday to complete my claim.  I'm assuming this is opening a new book.  Yes?

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on July 05, 2011, 04:45:15 PM
Buzz,
I first answered 8-10 questions.  The following day, I went to the tab as if I were filing all over again and answered quite a few pages of questions.  It said at the end, to call on Wednesday to complete my claim.  I'm assuming this is opening a new book.  Yes?
Yep, you were opening a new book.